Cyclone or Road Warrior

lik2ride

My husband and I are shopping for toy haulers. We welcome any suggestions and comments... I really like the 390RW. We need something for at least 8 people and we frequent the beach as well as the mountains....

jimtoo

Hi like2ride,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

That 390RW is a great looking floor plan if you need something for a lot of folks. I'm sure you will get some more replies from our other family members that have the unit soon.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see you at a rally sometime.

Jim M

HornedToad

This thread does a good job of addressing the Cyclone vs Road Warrior question with an interesting post from the brand manager...

• Forum
  • Heartland Brand Communities
  • Cyclone Community
  • Cyclone - Prospective Owners
  • Cyclone vs. Road Warrior or Raptor started 04/03/2013

Moderator, can you help me out by inserting the link?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hogladyrider

Welcome to the Heartland Forum, this is a GREAT place. Quick question, are your plans for the toy hauler as a casual camper or full time living?

alex00

Having just finished shopping for a toy hauler I found very few differences between the Road Warrior and Cyclone. The deciding factor for me boiled down to floor plan. I ended up ordering a Cyclone but my second favorite unit was the RW 425. Just be aware some standard items on the Cyclone are optional on the RW. The second awning is the big one that comes to mind. The microwave in the RW is a little different too.

I really like the 390 floor plan. If it had the king bed I'd have had a really hard time deciding between it and the Cyclone. If you're anything like me, a floor plan will jump out and be the one. Don't be concerned whether it is Cyclone or RW. Both will be great trailers.

ILH

I really like my RW - but a Cyclone is also really nice. My dealer only had RWs - so I didn't have much of a choice at the time. Both have the same build quality - it really comes down to floor plan and options.

DesertThumper

Alex said it just how I would describe the two. I have a 400RW 2013 with 5 trips total. I have no complaints. Great on the road and when it is setup at camp. Be prepared for many compliments. I've had 8 sleep comfortably in our trailer.

Mark-Mullin

We looked at the 390RW but could not live with the kitchen storage so happy to say the 415RW met our needs. If you are looking to sleep 10 I assume you will have to
Cook and use dishes at some point and in the 390 where will you keep them?
Just a bit of food for thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jnbhobe

Has there ever been a Road Warrior Rally? Or a toy hauler rally for that matter?

Josh & Farrah

All Heartland makes and models are welcome to attend any Heartland owners club state or regional rally. I have never heard of a rally for just one brand.

AAdams

We went with the RW390 because of the seating. The living room is a little over 7 ft between the couches. The 2015's have a cabinet on top of the counter that we keep the serving dishes and glasses in. There are 2 small "full" size drawers and one 1/2 drawer by the sink. The pantry has your fuse box, control panel and 3 shelves. There isn't much counter space though, that is the draw back to the 390. The kitchen is cramped. On the bright side, and the reason we choose it was the living space is great, plenty of room to sit and visit, in the living room or on the rear patio. There are a total of 3 awnings available, a 13' over the front side door, another one ( I do not know the size yet ) over the rear side door, and one over the rear patio. The one over the patio only goes out about 4ft from the unit. The front side awning has LED's built into the roller.
Since we have no toys, we plan on adding a couple 30" kitchen cabinets in the back for more storage.

Which ever you choose, it has to be right for you and your family. Both Cyclones and RW are nice units. I think the finish is supposed to be nicer on the Cyclones, but for us they didn't have a floor plan that would work. Get everyone together and get them in a unit at the dealer.... that may give you an idea for eating , sleeping, sitting... and a second bathroom may not be a bad idea... lot to think about, GL.