Getting Started With Satellite TV

danemayer

We have another addition to the User Guides section of the forum. This one is a basic guide to Getting Started With Satellite TV and is based on the article in the 1Q2014 Heartland Highlights newsletter.

If you've been thinking about adding satellite TV to your trailer, this user guide will help you understand what choices need to be made and how to sort through the confusing array of satellite offerings.

Getting Started with Satellite TV is located with other owner-written user guides in the manuals section of the forum. In addition to this link, you can also get there from the TOOLS / HUG - Heartland User Guides menu at the top of each page.

Papacokes

Hi we have a 2018 32rls big horn 5th wheel we r going to set you the wineguard dish satellite my question to start with is there r 3or4 satellite connections in a compartment do can I hook the satellite directly into one of these or how does it work thank you papacokes

danemayer

Our 2011 Rushmore has 4 coax connectors in the Universal Docking Center (UDC). The attached picture shows how they're used. Before using the trailer's coax, run a wire directly from dish to receiver. Get everything working first. Then connect with the trailer coax.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 91

Papacokes

Our 2011 Rushmore has 4 coax connectors in the Universal Docking Center (UDC). The attached picture shows how they're used. Before using the trailer's coax, run a wire directly from dish to receiver. Get everything working first. Then connect with the trailer coax.
So what if my satellite is not mounted on my coach same rules appy

danemayer

The wires that go to the roof are for a Winegard Trav'ler rooftop installation. When that's installed, you add jumpers. If you have a tripod based dish, or a Tailgater or similar dish, you run coax to the living room or bedroom connector and ignore the rooftop wiring.

dojljr

I've been reading all the post about getting. started with satellite antennas & antenna wiring. My problem is I've read drawing 5092 & 5112 and they look pretty similar to what I have except for one item. There is a plate in the right hand corner above the antenna jacks on this plate it has 3 RCA jacks and 1 HDMI port. I need to know if they connect to the TV or go somewhere else, I'm installing the Winegard Playmaker and need to connect a HDMI cable from the receiver. The back of The TV has no empty ports for a HDMI cable. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
I have a BigHorn 3760EL (2016)

Flick

I've been reading all the post about getting. started with satellite antennas & antenna wiring. My problem is I've read drawing 5092 & 5112 and they look pretty similar to what I have except for one item. There is a plate in the right hand corner above the antenna jacks on this plate it has 3 RCA jacks and 1 HDMI port. I need to know if they connect to the TV or go somewhere else, I'm installing the Winegard Playmaker and need to connect a HDMI cable from the receiver. The back of The TV has no empty ports for a HDMI cable. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
I have a BigHorn 3760EL (2016)

Satellite will need hdmi. It’s odd that your tv doesn’t have 2 hdmi ports or are they both being used? If it doesn’t, you may have to get a “hdmi to coax adapter” to open up the hdmi port for satellite. When watching either cable or satellite, the input would need to be changed. My rig is a 2015 and all TVs have at least 2 hdmi imports. For satellite, always use hdmi1. It does make a difference.