EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NV, Sparks - 7/3/2014 to 7/7/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

360gal

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Does anyone have the best route from Oregon to Sparks? Count 2 for me....and Sadie too!

Gaffer

From Sherwood, I would go south on I-5 to Eugene then take Hwy 58 east to Hwy 97 & south through K Falls. Take Hwy 139 south east to Hwy 299 and turn east to Alturas then Hwy 395 south to Reno. As an alternate you can stay on 139 from K Falls and go through Susanville and pick up the 395 there. I like the Alturas route better to aviod a steep twisty (though short) downgrade into Susanville from the north. Time and distance are not much different.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Does anyone have the best route from Oregon to Sparks? Count 2 for me....and Sadie too!

wdk450

After the rally, I was planning to go to Susanville via 395; over the Sierras via Hwys 36, 44 and 89 to I-5 at McCloud; overnighting in Yreka on my way to Florence, Oregon in advance of the Oregon rally in Coos Bay. I am open to other routes and travelling along with others.

Reverse this route to get to Sparks, Nevada from Western Oregon. I did most of this route when I left from Redding. Ca. for the Goshen, Indiana rally last June.

Send me a PM if you are interested in caravanning the return trip to Oregon.

It's about time to make my Yreka reservation.

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
Hi everyone
I just updated the origional post check your information. Does anyone know Hbushey or heather bushey they live 60 miles south of Sparks. they would like to attend but they will not recieve there rig before the rally. If you know the have them call me at 831-234-4326.

wdk450

Sparks Heartland Pacific Regional Rally Attendees:

Does anyone coming to the rally have a newer Heartland with the slide seal "flipper" devices installed? If so, I would sure like to see them up close. I have yet to find them in the aftermarket RV parts sources.

SD08ER

Hey John or anybody that mite know.

For the pot luck on the 4th do we need to bring salad or desert? I don't see any info on any of the posts.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hey John or anybody that mite know.

For the pot luck on the 4th do we need to bring salad or desert? I don't see any info on any of the posts.

Have not seen or heard anything about salads or deserts. For Us, I wish we knew as we are hitting the road on Sat or Sun of next week.

see you guys their.

wdk450

"Pot Luck" used to mean just that. Bring what you want, and be O.K. with how it all works out.

Wmnmy

You guys and gals have fun wish we could have made it but the w word calls( work) lol catch you all at the one in parumph right Floyd hahaha

jdawson

Past Pacific Region Director
Hi everyone
There is talk about the pot luck on friday night and I thought that I better clear up the questions. The dinner on friday night is put on by Heartland for the Heartland owners so you don't need to bring any thing for dinner. Hope this clears up all the questions. We are looking forward to seeing all of you there.

Safe travel to all.

Last edited:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Heading out tomorrow to the Regional rally in Sparks. Making a few stops on the way before showing up on Tue July 1. Everybody going drive safe and will see you in Sparks and really looking forward to meeting all at our first rally.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
We arrived in Sparks a week earlier than expected on June 26. We were in Oregon at Winchester Bay for 12 days, Salem area for 3 days and Seven Feathers RV for total of 12 days and various other areas for total of 35 days. We left Canyonville, Oregon and drove to Susanville via I-5, 89, 44, and 36. Then to Sparks the next day via 36 and 395. Very nice and relaxing drive.

Matt and Teri arrived yesterday and John and Lori arrive today

We are here relaxing and awaiting everyone's arrival.

Attachments

• Banner4.jpg
    Banner4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 32

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wishing the best to our Left Coast friends heading to the Pacific Region Rally. Hope you all have a great time. Enjoy!

jbeletti

We're making our way back home (1000 miles) with the RV to catch a plane to Reno to see you all in Sparks this weekend. See you soon!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry we couldn't make it. You guys have fun.
I would like to see a video of Heartlanders "dancing in the aisles" at the Dancing Inferno show! Trace

Last edited:

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Leaving Lodi in the morning. Will see any of you that's already up in Sparks. Looking forward to our first rally.

wdk450

Leaving Lodi in the morning. Will see any of you that's already up in Sparks. Looking forward to our first rally.

Wave at me at Thousand Trails Snowflower in Emigrant Gap. I pull out Thursday morning for the short trip to Sparks.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
Hot Days, Clean Rig, and Wonderful Evening with Friend waiting for Rally to Begin...

Attachments

• JOHNRIG.jpg
    JOHNRIG.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC07389.jpg
    DSC07389.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.