EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: SC, Myrtle Beach - 4/16/2015 to 4/19/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus and Debra are 25 miles from home in heavy traffic. Debra's driving and doing a great job. Uneventful 7 hours on the road so far (except for an unusual issue with another camper when we were hooking up this morning, but that's a story for another time). Thanks for a great rally Dave and Julie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I left Ocean Lakes this morning around 7:00. We ran into rain around Florence but made it home safely. Thanks Dave and Julie for all the time and effort you put into putting on another great rally. Thanks also to Linda West for taking care of the potlucks and to everyone that provided all the delicious food, fun and fellowship. It was great to see all our friends again and spend time with you. Looking forward to seeing you all again real soon.

JJnVA

The Barnetts are home in Virginia and made excellent time even while traveling the speed limit..... and under at times! No rain until we were 10 miles from home....in time for getting us wet while we unloaded necessities!

Many thanks to Dave, Julie, and Linda and Heartland for an outstanding rally. ...we made new friends and shared stories and laughs with many friends we haven't seen for awhile. Really enjoyed the Brookgreen Gardens tour and nightly entertainment. Oh, yeah, we love our new portable gas grill we took away as a door prize last night. :rolleyes: Happy Trails until we see y'all in Goshen!

davebennington

The Canine Angels presentation was most informing, their efforts in training rescue dogs to be service dogs for disable vets is a great undertaking.

Jeanne Maxon explained all the details of the organization.
Dave Suber a USMC disabled vet explained further how his trained rescued service dog saved his life.

IMG_5920-1.jpg

The heartlanders at the rally really stepped up and supported the efforts of the Canine Angels, not only by donating many bags of food but, many other needed items.

IMG_5896-1.jpg IMG_5931-1.jpg

Heartlanders also donated $1,177.80 to the Canine Angels organization, truly putting heart into the Heartland Gives back program.

I am very proud to be a part of the Heartland Owners club, these are giving folks.

dave

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Gus and Debra are 25 miles from home in heavy traffic. Debra's driving and doing a great job. Uneventful 7 hours on the road so far (except for an unusual issue with another camper when we were hooking up this morning, but that's a story for another time). Thanks for a great rally Dave and Julie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the motorhome sitting there. I guess they thought you should have stopped hooking up and moved out of their way??

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Another GREAT rally under our belts. We left Ocean Lakes around 8 am and got home about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Uneventful trip home. Just the way I like them. Except for a occasional drizzle, we even got the camper "mostly" unloaded before the rain.

Thanks Dave and Julie for a fantastic and fun filled weekend. As usual, I ate way to much (that's mostly Linda Wests fault for planning the pot-lucks so well) but had a fun time.

Great seeing everyone and can't wait till the next one.

Keith & Carol

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I saw the motorhome sitting there. I guess they thought you should have stopped hooking up and moved out of their way??

Yep. I started before they pulled out. Had to make several short turns to get aligned in the small space I had available. Was just about to back into the pin when a fellow comes up and says, "Couldn't you move out of the way and let those folks out?" In my best respectful tone I said, "No, it's taken a lot of work to get lined up in this small space. I'm just about done." He replied, "You are an example of what's wrong with Americans. You're all a....holes." I'M SORRY! I lost my cool a little bit and told him he could take his sorry butt back to Canada and we wouldn't miss him a bit. APOLOGIES to my many Canadian friends. I know he is an exception. Just couldn't believe what he said. And he wasn't even one of the people leaving in the motorhome!

porthole

Retired
Well - you'all left a bit early.
78 degrees, blue skies and bright sun here at the beach.

Although this is after our severe thunderstorm warning and tornado watch last night.

buddyboy

Or just move here like we did. It might rain, but we don't have to shovel rain or sunshine!

Just rejoined the forum after an extended break. If we'd joined a few days sooner, we would have driven over to the campground.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you Dave, Julie & Linda and everyone else who made this rally happen. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting/making new friends! We hope to see some of you in Texas sometime! ;)

We are here until Thursday. It was so nice to see the sun today.

davebennington

The next victims, Julie and Jim preformed with Kevin (who had the Knife) and Ann (who had the onion). Jim lost a $5.00 dollar bill only to have it turned into a Hundred dollar bill and then baxk into a five inside the onion. Confusing, you had to be there.

IMG_6001-1.jpg IMG_6003.jpg IMG_5998.jpg

dave

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Thanks so much for a great weekend in spite of the weather! We really appreciate all the hard work by all concerned that went into making this a great rally! The drive home was a bit rough through the heavy rain and tornado warnings, but we made it home safe! Can't wait til the next time to meet up with all our friends!

porthole

Retired
First time in Myrtle Beach for us, second Southern regional rally as well. We had a fine time and thanks to all the work Julie and Dave that you as well as the unseen, unmentioned helpers as well put into setting this all up.

Made it home Thursday night after a 2 night stay in Kitty Hawk for a very disappointing "Outer Banks Bike Week"
We have friends in Kitty Hawk, that have a big enough driveway :rolleyes:

Pics:
Sunset the last night at Ocean Lakes CG
Baylee - a well deserved sleep after her first camp trip
Friends in Kitty Hawk squeezing us in

And 28 miles from home, the rig gets a bath. You would think it would have been clean enough after the power washing in MB, but the bugs were a plenty and the trailer had not been washed since last November due to my shoulder surgery.

$66 plus a $20 tip - well spent for a clean and shiny rig when we pulled into the driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_4496 copy.JPG
    IMG_4496 copy.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4499 copy.JPG
    IMG_4499 copy.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4514 copy.JPG
    IMG_4514 copy.JPG
    449.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4516 copy.JPG
    IMG_4516 copy.JPG