Welcome to all the new Heartland owners!!!

HornedToad

I've always assumed that most people bought a new RV in the spring to get ready for the camping season. So I have always shopped for a new trailer in the winter, thinking that's when you can get the best price. From all the "new owner" post on the forum these past months I may be wrong about everyone waiting until Spring to buy, but it still seems the off season is the best time to get a good deal.

Old man winter please go away... so everyone can enjoy their new toy!!!

ptysonjr

I think it's more to do with all the RV shows this time of year and the so called show pricing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Some people feel "special show pricing" is a myth but it is real. Now, that's not to say that at any given time, once can't negotiate pricing just as good. And that doesn't make "special show pricing" a myth.

Manufacturers build units specifically for the shows (in many cases) and they incentivize (discount) the dealers on these units to move them during the show. Dealers set pricing at shows that reflect the incentives. Show prices are often times available for a very short period of time (days) after the show, if you began working a deal at the show or made contact with sales during the show.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We bought ours in September of 2012 . . .

Didn't plan it . . . just worked out that way!

Dean-Pam

We actually bought ours Oct 2011. We had just finished camping in our 5er for a week and realized it was too small and started looking. It was by chance we looked at a Heartland and once we did, realized quality and floor plan fit us perfectly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought our 5ver off the floor at the Dallas RV show in February, 2010. Thanks to a Heartland rep for hooking us up with a dealer who also had a used 1-ton truck, it turned into a combo-deal we could not pass up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXTiger

Another way to get a good price is to make your purchase after the new model year is on the lot and make a deal on last years model. Dealers are really motivated to sell last years model to make room on the lot for the new year models.

TnTravler

Although we are not quite yet Heartland owners.. the time is drawing closer with every passing day to when we will finally figure out exactly which Heartland we will go with... I am leaning toward the Big Country, and he is leaning toward the Big Horn..

We have a 2009 Chevy 3/4 ton Dura Max Allison and I am concerned with hauling too much weight... I would rather go with a smaller unit rather than a larger unit but he assures me he can haul more than I think it can..

Decisions, decisions, decisions..

TnTravler
Carolyn

bob34787

we were on vacation at Fort Wilderness 2 weeks ago and thought we would just go over to camping world to see whats new, well we finished our vacation in a new Landmark San Antonio, this is our 6th RV i 5 years, I think this is it.

jimtoo

We are picking up our first north trail tomorrow!

Hi jripper75,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go in for your PDI please take lots of time, make sure everything works and you can work everything. Have water and electric hooked up, check TV, potties and drains. Slides in ,,, slides out. And if possible camp on the dealers lot or close by so you can try everything while your by yourself and if you have a problem... they can fix it before you leave.

Enjoy your North Trail and join us at a rally.

Jim M

I'm not quite a new Heartland owner yet. I ordered the Prowler 30P RLS in May. The dealership told me I'd have it next week. Now it's on back order and I won't get it until the middle of August. :(

jimtoo

HI ktmcillaney,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family... your part of the family. Sounds kinda funny,,, did the dealer give you a VIN, if not call your dealer and ask for it... they are normally assigned the VIN shortly after order placed I think. If you have the number, you might call Heartland Customer Support and ask when the order was placed. He might start trying to sell you something he has in stock so you can get in one faster.

Let us know what you find out.

Jim M

Hi Jim and thanks for the welcome :) The dealer told me they are having problems at the plant and there isn't a VIN number yet. He also told me it's not going to be built until after the shut down.

Katie

Grey Ghost

Bought ours off the floor at an RV show in Phoenix, AZ in September of 2012 and it was a used 2011. Got a banger of a deal too. I've looked at this trailer on line since we bought ours and they are going for 5 to 7 thousand more than we paid. I'm convinced the RV show deal is the way to go, we went right before they were getting ready to close down for the show and I'm sure didn't want to pay someone to haul it back to the dealership. I just told the sales person what I was willing to pay and after he spoke to someone he came back and asked if we could haul it away that day. We now own a 2011 Heartland Greystone and I'm very, very pleased with my purchase. We have owned other RV's in the past and this is by far the best we have had. No problems with it so far anyhow and the factory is GREAT to work with, very helpful and always gets back to you regarding any questions you may have. I highly recommend Heartland and purchasing at an RV show. Just my two cents worth!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I'm not quite a new Heartland owner yet. I ordered the Prowler 30P RLS in May. The dealership told me I'd have it next week. Now it's on back order and I won't get it until the middle of August. :(

I would ask my dealer to find me one already built with the options I wanted so that I could use it this summer.

By the by . . . we are from originally southern Michigan (Jackson) and hope to pull our Trail Runner back there one day soon to go up north camping!

I did ask my dealer to find one already built, but he couldn't. It's ok though. I'll use the camper I own now and my new one should be here soon. The Prowler rep has been really great about it!

When we camp, we usually head north, but I have a trip coming up where we're heading south. Looking forward to it :)

Redbird

We are new owners of a Landmark San Antonio (2012). We bought it in October and have "camped" a bit n our yard. This is our second 5th wheel. It is now sitting in southern Colorado at one of our relatives waiting for us to pick it up for our "snowbird" adventures in January 2015. I cannot wait !!!! We wanted to get it out of Montana before the snow hits our mountain town to make our adventure easier. I'm new here, my first post, but I've read some to learn and love this forum.

jimtoo

We are new owners of a Landmark San Antonio (2012). We bought it in October and have "camped" a bit n our yard. This is our second 5th wheel. It is now sitting in southern Colorado at one of our relatives waiting for us to pick it up for our "snowbird" adventures in January 2015. I cannot wait !!!! We wanted to get it out of Montana before the snow hits our mountain town to make our adventure easier. I'm new here, my first post, but I've read some to learn and love this forum.

Hi Redbird,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Well,,, according to the weatherman,,,, you may have almost waited to long...come on down and join lots of other RV'ers and Heartlander's in South Texas.

Jim M