Landmark Kitchen Update Feedback Requested

MTPockets

A comment about raising the circuit breaker access. Raising the access is good if it's behind a door or wood panel so it's not obvious or unsightly.

jjriker

Would really like to have a real backsplash - save us from having to put in our own. Question about the induction cooktop (I don't know much about it.) - is that a partial cooktop so you have the capability of cooking on that or gas?

jbeletti

Would really like to have a real backsplash - save us from having to put in our own. Question about the induction cooktop (I don't know much about it.) - is that a partial cooktop so you have the capability of cooking on that or gas?

Jessica,

Please share an image in this thread of your backsplash so Tom can see what people have been doing.

The induction cooktop would be all electric. I would carry a single butane burner as a backup. I carry one now so I can use a cast-iron pan outdoors as my single electric burner does not provide enough heat for my large cast iron pan.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about moving the electrical panels to the bottom panel on the left side of the stairs (San Antonio) which is currently an empty area full of wires with a door there that already opens. Also the DW hate not having a widow in the kitchen. Even a small one behind the stove under the MW would work. A flip up backsplash could cover the window while using the stove top but the small window would help allow more light in. Also an electrical outlet on the outside of the L shaped counter.

jbeletti

As an FYI and for those so inclined to comment - Tom has a new thread for general "Interior / Decor" feedback on the Landmark interior. Make those comments here > LINK

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
As an FYI and for those so inclined to comment - Tom has a new thread for general "Interior / Decor" feedback on the Landmark interior. Make those comments here > LINK

Thanks for the link Jim....the ONLY thing I care about in the kitchen is cold beer and ice cubes (my marinated ice cubes are always a big hit). Off to interior décor.

jbeletti

Thanks for the link Jim....the ONLY thing I care about in the kitchen is cold beer and ice cubes (my marinated ice cubes are always a big hit). Off to interior décor.

Marinated ice cubes :) You need an ice maker on a golf cart Dave :) Seriously though, the ice maker in the residential refer is pretty darn nice. Love ours.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
the ice maker in the residential refer is pretty darn nice. Love ours.

We would love it, who knows....if you guys come up with something we like we may even end up with one. Right now it would take a pretty big crowbar to get us out of our 3670.

jbeletti

We would love it, who knows....if you guys come up with something we like we may even end up with one. Right now it would take a pretty big crowbar to get us out of our 3670.

Dave - there's a lot to like about the BH 3670 and the LM Augusta. Keep giving us clues as to what you want in your next coach - who knows :)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I know it's not practical on all LM models because of the need for lots of cabinets but maybe offer one model with a butler's counter like whats on the Big Country 3650 and Big Horn 3670. Yes we have ordered a new Key Largo but will be sadden to loose that counter space from our current BC 3650. We still had plenty of cabinets space with the upper/lower cabinets, using the butler counter area for the coffee maker, etc. With the butler's area it made the inside living room/kitchen area feel bigger which was my main concern about a solid wall of cabinets which is in the current LMs.

hriker

Jessica posted a picture of the back splash we installed in our Rushmore. I decided to make it go around the corner covering the wood like material. That material has some type of paper veneer over it and we had a spot bubble up because bacon grease splattered when we were cooking. If the backsplash doesn't extend to protect the areas that are close to the stove, could a different material be utilized to prevent damage from cooking?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

davebennington

Backsplash seen at Tampa show was nasty and cheap looking. A backsplash draws the eye, make it look good and finish it off well. Go to the bottom of the cabinets, for heaven's sake! We're talking top of the line here. Don't lower the micro too much. . . tall people cook too! Double bowled sink: love the 60/40 sink. Gives enough room in the big bowel and gets dish drainer off the counter in the small bowl. Induction stove top. . . Yes, Yes, Yes! I'd even buy new pots :) Keep the dishwasher as an option not a standard feature. Would rather the storage: only cooking for 2 and don't have a lot of dishes anyway. Julie

GlenStMary

Here is a couple of photos of the kitchen backsplash and bath backsplash I did in our Key Largo.
DSC_1632.JPG DSC_1640.JPG I have since added four led down lights to the underside of the cabinet to provide some enhancement to the tile work and bring out the metallic streaks in the tiles.