Landmark Kitchen Update Feedback Requested

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I have a Key Largo and love it but there is one area that is a waste of space for me and that is the oven. I would love to have had the option of not having an oven and having a larger cabinet for my big pots I have had three RV's and have never used my oven except for a large bread box. I too agree with a lot of the suggestions being mention here and can't wait to see the next Landmark. Welcome aboard to the Heartland family!

jbeletti

I have a Key Largo and love it but there is one area that is a waste of space for me and that is the oven. I would love to have had the option of not having an oven and having a larger cabinet for my big pots I have had three RV's and have never used my oven except for a large bread box. I too agree with a lot of the suggestions being mention here and can't wait to see the next Landmark. Welcome aboard to the Heartland family!

Colleen - getting an oven has been an option in the last year or so.

For some time prior to that, when the oven was standard, one was been able to delete it when placing an order, though dealers may not have known to offer that delete option. That said, I'm not sure what Tom will be doing in the oven area or for dedicated pot storage. We'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

One thing Jim could do if you want is he could remove the oven/stove combo and use a rangetop in it's place, then build out a cabinet below. One member of the forum did that. Can't remember who. But when he's in Elkhart, he can stop at RV Parts Nation as they likely have range tops there.

T

TomMontague

My thoughts for the kitchen are as follows.

STANDARD - Induction cook top ( two big pots & pans / dish storage drawers below )

OPTION - Sealed gas burner cook top ( same 2 big drawers underneath as above )

SPECIAL BUILD ONLY - Combo - sealed gas burner cooktop / oven ( no pots & pans / dish storage )

Convection microwave standard with all three options.

Both pots & pans drawers would come standard with peg board bottoms and pegs so you can organize and customize your drawers to match your specific needs.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Jim's right...we ordered our 2013 KL without the oven...really like the extra space underneath...it holds all those things we us infrequently like roaster oven and crock pot!

kakampers

Backsplash seen at Tampa show was nasty and cheap looking. A backsplash draws the eye, make it look good and finish it off well. Go to the bottom of the cabinets, for heaven's sake! We're talking top of the line here. Don't lower the micro too much. . . tall people cook too! Double bowled sink: love the 60/40 sink. Gives enough room in the big bowel and gets dish drainer off the counter in the small bowl. Induction stove top. . . Yes, Yes, Yes! I'd even buy new pots :) Keep the dishwasher as an option not a standard feature. Would rather the storage: only cooking for 2 and don't have a lot of dishes anyway. Julie

I agree with Julie on all accounts! Especially the sink...I absolutely LOVE the sink in my 2013 KL...closest I've ever had to a true residential sink!! Sure wish they could have found a way to put a dishwasher in my KL...when we bought it was NOT available...they could not reconfigure the island to make one fit...bummer!!

P.S. I'm 5'2" and the microwave is just fine where it is...doesn't need to be lowered.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Backsplash seen at Tampa show was nasty and cheap looking. A backsplash draws the eye, make it look good and finish it off well. Go to the bottom of the cabinets, for heaven's sake! We're talking top of the line here. Don't lower the micro too much. . . tall people cook too! Double bowled sink: love the 60/40 sink. Gives enough room in the big bowel and gets dish drainer off the counter in the small bowl. Induction stove top. . . Yes, Yes, Yes! I'd even buy new pots :) Keep the dishwasher as an option not a standard feature. Would rather the storage: only cooking for 2 and don't have a lot of dishes anyway. Julie
GO JULIE... Amy says you nailed it!!!!!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I think that the Kitchen floor is an important... Our "14" Key Largo kitchen floor is not attractive at all.. It looks like a dirty garage floor.... But that is just my honest opinion..

Rottiesmom

Jim's right...we ordered our 2013 KL without the oven...really like the extra space underneath...it holds all those things we us infrequently like roaster oven and crock pot!

We bought ours off the lot so had no option but next unit if it is an option I will definitely not have an Oven.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing Jim could do if you want is he could remove the oven/stove combo and use a rangetop in it's place, then build out a cabinet below. One member of the forum did that. Can't remember who.
Tom Weber did that in his first Bighorn.

Peace
Dave

Rottiesmom

Colleen - getting an oven has been an option in the last year or so.

For some time prior to that, when the oven was standard, one was been able to delete it when placing an order, though dealers may not have known to offer that delete option. That said, I'm not sure what Tom will be doing in the oven area or for dedicated pot storage. We'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

One thing Jim could do if you want is he could remove the oven/stove combo and use a rangetop in it's place, then build out a cabinet below. One member of the forum did that. Can't remember who. But when he's in Elkhart, he can stop at RV Parts Nation as they likely have range tops there.

Thanks Jim did not realize this had already been an option as we bought ours off the lot as is but an interesting idea to look into before Jim goes out to Elkhart. Good to know for future rigs but unfortunately will not be for many years as this one is only a 2013 and plan to keep for awhile, although that's what I said about the Big Horn too LOL

GlenStMary

Yes. I agree. I am continuously bending over to pick up stuff on that floor and it turns out to be one of those little white marks in the flooring design. I guess I shouldn't really complain, it is after all, some bending and strectching exercise!

Westwind

If our oven was easy to use, lighting it is a pain, and baked decently my wife would live to use it, out oven at home gets more use then the stove top. But currently it is used as a bread box. I would love fresh baked cookies or pumpkin bread but it ain't going to happen with this oven.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If our oven was easy to use, lighting it is a pain, and baked decently my wife would live to use it, out oven at home gets more use then the stove top. But currently it is used as a bread box. I would love fresh baked cookies or pumpkin bread but it ain't going to happen with this oven.

Landmarks come with a convection/microwave already. We bake in ours all the time. No need for the regular oven unless we want to cook two things simultaneously.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
How do you or others that have only the Convection oven cook larger things like a pizza, a Turkey or anything too large to fit in the convection oven?

kakampers

I can make a 12" pizza in my convection oven....or I use my Nuwave oven. For turkeys I use a 22 qt. Roasting pan...

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Regular size pizza fits in convection oven. For a turkey we deep fry those suckers...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majestic

We would like to see the island sink moved towards the front end of the island, not centered and a countertop extension added to the back side, not a flip up but a pull out right under the main counter on really good slide and rolls.

Lindstrom1950

I appreciate the ability to respond, even though it's not very timely. An option to take the oven out and replace it with a wine cooler would really work well for us. We don't use the oven at all, we use as a place to store bread. Another thought is the pantry, I took the shelves out on the doors and put bigger shelves in the cabinet.
thanks for listening