Landmark Interior General Feedback Requested

Greengas

Tom. On the non crank up antennas you adjust strength b rotating them. Mt previous coach, a 2010 open range had one and it was great. They are sometimes called batwing antennas.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Tom, I'm glad to hear that you are listening to different ideas. As you can tell from all the posts on both this thread and the original thread JB started there are a lot of folks with tons of ideas on what would make the ideal coach. I know you can't please everyone, but where ever possible I would like to "options" that those of us who like to order our coaches new, could choose from. Like a choice between an oven and large storage drawer or a dishwasher or large storage drawer. I'd also like the option of choosing between a gas cooktop or an induction cooktop. Don't make them "one option only."

Couple of comments on an earlier post:

"We have the queen size bed so we could get the two night stands. Love it. However how about an electrical outlet on the wall on the side of the bed towards the front of the rig like there is on the other side of the bed." HEAR HEAR!!! I'd love to get the cords for my cpap and clock up off the floor. Wife can do so on her (left) side of bed. I cannot.

"Include an option for the installation of a true EMS system. (Thought that was what I was getting with the full timer package)." DITTO When we ordered our 2014 San Antonio I thought I was getting a full EMS like I had installed in our old Pinehurst. I was very disappointed it was not!

"we love the desk in our San Antonio and it was a key selling point for the model but it would sure be even better with a pull out drawer." Our sentiments exactly. Not sure where you would put it in the current San Antonio model, but I sure agree with greengas on this one. Would love to have one or two "file" drawers (one with a lock)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think one of the things that would set Landmark apart was to remove it from "assembly-line thinking". That's the feedback I'm hearing here... Consider giving it it's own production line? Hand pick top of the line workers for it? Spend more time building a better coach? Options are not impossible if you take the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Erika - great thought but I don't think a separate assembly line will happen since Thor bought the company. Something about quotas and mass productions.

The question about CheapHeat being added. We had our dealership (RVs for Less, Knoxville, TN) add CheapHeat to our Big Country and we LOVE IT!. Best thing we have ever done. Much more even heat throughout the coach. Would we add it to the next coach - YES.

T

TomMontague

All great ideas and thoughts - never say never. As the full-timers market continues to grow and 17,000,000 baby boomers reach retirement - you just never know. I will say the company some are referring to currently exists today. They manufacture very few per week, will customize just about anything and weigh 21,000lbs plus on average. In addition - you'll need a freight liner type truck to pull them down the road. Yikes. Not a big market for that....

My goal is to make top quality, affordable luxury Landmarks you can pull with an everyday 3/4 or 1 ton pick-up. Add common sense features and innovations people want and use. Wrap it all up with a great story and grass roots word of mouth marketing campaign and we will be cooking with fire..... ( or induction heat ) :)

i hope this helps answer some questions.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I think one of the things that would set Landmark apart was to remove it from "assembly-line thinking". That's the feedback I'm hearing here... Consider giving it it's own production line? Hand pick top of the line workers for it? Spend more time building a better coach? Options are not impossible if you take the time.

It's a great thought Erika. The thing is it drives up cost. Instead of being a luxury RV that has a price point several thousand below the competition it would have to compete at the same level. Can Heartland pull it off?? Sure it can. A dedicated plant for a real flag ship. Larger platform, top notch finishes, IS w/disc brakes standard, 17" wheels, all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't mind seeing it. Not sure I'd buy it though.

T

TomMontague

Erika - great thought but I don't think a separate assembly line will happen since Thor bought the company. Something about quotas and mass productions.

The question about CheapHeat being added. We had our dealership (RVs for Less, Knoxville, TN) add CheapHeat to our Big Country and we LOVE IT!. Best thing we have ever done. Much more even heat throughout the coach. Would we add it to the next coach - YES.

If you don't mind - can you give me a quick education on CheapHeat? I'm not familiar with it. I know about tankless water heaters and systems like aqua hot but a little education on CheapHeat would be nice. I know some of these systems chew through propane and our customers tend not to like those type options. Maybe this is different.... :)

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If I understand Cheapheat actually uses the existing furnance but converts it when wanted to electric...saving on propane...

Bryced15

I second the CheapHeat system. We would love it to be a factory installed option, but if not, we will have RvsforLess install it on our new coach. It's a must have though.

Nabo

Tom - CheapHeat is an electric coils system that is adapted to fit onto the existing furnace system, giving the user the option of using either electric heat or propane. It uses the existing control (thermostat) and the same ductwork. We have found that the heat is more even and doesn't have that first cold air feel when first starting up. Inside the control panel is a switch, like a light switch, that one uses to switch between the 2 systems. For those not on an electric meter, this is great. I understand that Lippert is trying to buy the system but we will have to wait and see if that materialize.

Last edited:

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Love the look of the floor and the color of the leather only concern with floor will it add a lot of weight to the unit and how slippery if any will it be when its wet?

jjriker

Love the look of the floor and the color of the leather only concern with floor will it add a lot of weight to the unit and how slippery if any will it be when its wet?

I think the picture was only to show the color of the leather, not the style of the interior or floor. :)

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
All great ideas and thoughts - never say never. As the full-timers market continues to grow and 17,000,000 baby boomers reach retirement - you just never know. I will say the company some are referring to currently exists today. They manufacture very few per week, will customize just about anything and weigh 21,000lbs plus on average. In addition - you'll need a freight liner type truck to pull them down the road. Yikes. Not a big market for that....

My goal is to make top quality, affordable luxury Landmarks you can pull with an everyday 3/4 or 1 ton pick-up. Add common sense features and innovations people want and use. Wrap it all up with a great story and grass roots word of mouth marketing campaign and we will be cooking with fire..... ( or induction heat ) :)

i hope this helps answer some questions.
I like that, thanks
LindaW

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's some features I've seen in other units that are nice:

8e7yjama.jpg

Fold out desk, that would allow for storage as well

e8ave4ys.jpg

Theater seating on off-door side, entertainment center on door side.

2aqy9a3a.jpg

Dark shower surround, but also notice configuration. Side isle bath where shower is opposite the vanity and toilet.

mu8u2udu.jpg

Lightly tinted glass over switch cabinet, so you can see what is on, without opening. These switches were also very nice and organized in a panel, no strays.

ejada2am.jpg

Inside the basement, a shelf running all the way across the forward bulkhead basement wall, with netting for securing smaller items. I think it was only about a foot deep.

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
I like the second one although it does not appear to be that much lighter in the pics it is warmer. The color seams to appear richer.

brianharrison

Hmm - there is not much I can think of to improve the general interior of the Landmark. Just build in every "one-off" option that Jim Belletti has in his coaches. That should cover it......

An "all floor no carpet" option is one I would add to the option list though.....

Brian

Nabo

Brian - we just ordered a new LM and was able to order the flooring all the way back to the back window at no additional charge. It's called the kitchen/living room flooring option. The coach will still come in with carpet on the slides which we can live with.