Landmark Interior General Feedback Requested

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
General feedback:

I love the way the heater works and that there is a heat vent in the stool room but man it gets real hot in there. Maybe relocating it to the center of the hallway so it is cozy getting out of the shower.

I was a heating and AC installer in prior years and a simple fix to the "Hot bathroom" would be to switch the 4 inch heat run they put into the basement area with the 6 inch one they put into the bathroom. And add a lowered register.

We have the two heater/furnace controls but in reality the are both the same one because there is only one zone how about a true two zone control.

This could be done fairly easy by just adding the second Tstat wire from one stat to the other. It is only a wire with telephone contectors.

Include an option for the installation of a true EMS system. (Thought that was what I was getting with the full timer package).

Most of us have added the Progressive 50 Amp hardwired EMS and it does an outstanding job. It would be nice it they could just add it instead of the one they are using.

Thanks for for getting involved.

Michael

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
we're half timers for 2 years & notice too many 5th wheelers have very light single color carpet. darker tones with variegated colors are much easier to keep looking good especially in the mountains . personally not a big fan of leather

How about just a better quality carpet!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Something to consider, Tom. I just saw at Camping World the new Dometic 320 toilet. Compared to the 310, it's definitely an upgrade! Very residential in look and size. Something to consider for the top of the line!

You can see in the display the difference between the 310 and the 320.

gugynege.jpg
y7uju7uv.jpg

TravelTiger

How about just a better quality carpet!

The carpet I saw today in the Newport was definitely a better quality than what we have, and it had a nice thick pad under it. Shoe indentions/patterns could be seen, it's so plush.

porthole

Retired
Something to consider, Tom. I just saw at Camping World the new Dometic 320 toilet. Compared to the 310, it's definitely an upgrade! Very residential in look and size. Something to consider for the top of the line!

gugynege.jpg
y7uju7uv.jpg

If you are going to upgrade toilets, I'd vote for a macerator style. That would eliminate quite a few holding tank issues.

MCTalley

We replaced our always failing Thetford toilet with a Dometic 320 and it is a night and day difference. Even comparing the 310 to 320, you can tell where the extra cost comes in. If I were in the market for a high-end coach, I would expect something of that quality in it.

pwschlie

I'm working on two new decors for LM. Of course we will have a dark leather - it's the number one selling in multiple price points. The second is much harder. I've done medium, grayish and white ( Florida ) style leather. There is a leather color I would like for you to look at and give me your thoughts on.

I am moving to a true bonded leather which I think everyone will really like.

Im also moving away away from all the Chinese import furniture and going with an American Made brand. More details to follow on that as I get samples made.

Examples
View attachment 28370 View attachment 28371

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Tom

danemayer

Hi Tom,

How about asking engineering to do some serious redesign on heat ducts with 2 goals: 1) even distribution of heat regardless of distance from the furnace, and 2) more heat to the underbelly and water pump area. A consult with expert HVAC designers might be helpful. Maybe one of the engineers can become the expert for Heartland and share his learning across all product lines.

dalspot

Three words.... wallpaper for windows... wallpaperforwindows.com They make a vinyl that you can use on mirrors and windows that applies with water and will make those clear doors disappear quickly. They'll even cut to fit your area.

Here is what we used on those blasted mirrored closet doors:

closet.jpg

do not know if its been mentioned but if not.... Please get rid of that horrible clear shower door,

porthole

Retired
[h=2]Re: Landmark Interior General Feedback Requested[/h]

Half bath and forward.......

The half bath does not need a 10' high ceiling. Put a ceiling in it and an access door above the bath room door AND a door inside the bedroom. Would be a perfect place for pillows and comforters etc.

The bedroom - either put in real swing doors of true pocket doors. The current sliding doors do not do any justice to the rest of the interior, especially with the exposed hardware and the almost 2" gap between the wall and the door when in the closed position.

Front closet sliders - take a good look and you will see some work is needed. Look at the closet doors on the Bighorn FB, much better fit and finish.

MTPockets

Re: Landmark Interior General Feedback Requested

Half bath and forward.......

The half bath does not need a 10' high ceiling. Put a ceiling in it and an access door above the bath room door AND a door inside the bedroom. Would be a perfect place for pillows and comforters etc.

The bedroom - either put in real swing doors of true pocket doors. The current sliding doors do not do any justice to the rest of the interior, especially with the exposed hardware and the almost 2" gap between the wall and the door when in the closed position.

Front closet sliders - take a good look and you will see some work is needed. Look at the closet doors on the Bighorn FB, much better fit and finish.
Where would exhaust fan be?

porthole

Retired
Where would exhaust fan be?

Wherever it needs to be. Doesn't have to be a 14" square hole in the roof.
How about a conventional type bathroom vent that we use in the stick and bricks? Or a microwave dryer vent type port?

Or, the entire ceiling does not need to be an "above the door storage".

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
CheapHeat is not UL or CSA approved. . .

The hybrid furnace heating system is UL certified and Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) compliant in both the U.S. and Canada, according to President Larry McGaugh. The product can be installed as an aftermarket add-on or new coach accessory on most recreational vehicles.

See RVBusiness http://www.rvbusiness.com/tag/cheapheat/

T

TomMontague

It's on every coach we build as standard equipment It's behind the wall in the pass - thru right behind the UDC where the water gets connected. The two replacement filters were in the drawer to the right of the cooktop in each unit. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyberdave

Tom,
Would that be true on the '13 Key Largo?
Also, I've said it before, change the location of the fuse box and cb panels!! You're targeting an older audience with the LM line and older farts have bad knees, backs and eye balls. Locating it would make life so much easier and, if located up where the switch panels are it would be much, much better. The space where the panel is located now could be used for expanded pantry space.. another selling point.

T

TomMontague

Cyberdave - No, the water filter doesn't exist to my knowledge on models before the LM365. The new LM365 has all but eliminated the need to bend down and check fuses. The Power Management System manages power and doesn't allow you to blow breakers. This can all be monitored with the monitor panel located near your slide out switches.

Hope this helps.
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Sailor

We have been full-timing for 3 years now, with our 2011 Grand Canyon. We looked and looked and looked before purchasing, and until we found the 2011 GC, I absolutely HATED the interior design. My husband would hate it when the sales person would say "don't you just love the colors and design"?....he knew what would be coming. I always suggested that they have their designers go into people's HOUSES and look at décor instead of designing the rigs like something I saw in my grandparent's homes!! The 2011 GC was a BIG improvement over any other design we had seen! However, I vote for better-built furniture! We already have repaired both recliners, and sofa is starting to show wear. The air bed is TERRIFIC and very comfortable, so don't get rid of that!

Other changes that would be nice:

Get rid of whatever coating that is on cabinets in kitchen. If there is any water left on cabinets, over time, the top layer of coating comes off and exposes whatever "non wood" surface below. How do you repair that???

Get rid of plastic parts on faucet...can't clean well and gets spotty over time.

Upgrade carpet so it will last! Looked at replacing, and it's very expensive, plus hard to find someone who can do it correctly! LOVE the simulated wood floor in entry, kitchen and bath...don't change that!

Wooden blinds in living area are beautiful, but a real pain to raise and lower behind furniture. Offer the ones that can be raised/lowered via remote.

Just a few things.

TravelTiger

Going through some old photos, I found this pic of a great use of space in a front living floorplan. This is the short wall that separates the living area from the kitchen. Love the fold down desk -- with storage -- idea.

IMG_1374.jpg