Flat Panel TV mounting question

Hi there, we are new to RV'ing an new to the forum.

We just bought a new 2013 Heartland Wilderness 2350 BH (vin # 5SFNB2729DE255870 in case there are any Heartland folks reading this). We would like to mount a small flat panel TV on the wall next to the built in cable and power outlets mounted in the side panel of the cupboard over the kitchen sink. When we were still considering buying this unit, the sales person said that he could show us where the wall was reinforced to hold a mounting bracket, but he wasn't present during our delivery walk-thru with the technician. And then the technician acted as if there was no reinforcement in the wall and suggested we mount the bracket to a piece of ply wood that was approximately the size as the TV, and then screw the ply wood to the wall. That didn't sound right to me.

Does anyone have any advice on mounting TV's to the wall? I tried using my stud finder, but that didn't seem to work very well on the surface of this travel trailer wall. At the same time it also did seem to detect a vertical line indicating about 12 - 14" away from the cabinet indicating there may be some backing in the wall for mounting.

I sent this question to Heartland customer support at "service@heartlandrvs.com" with a picture last Thursday, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I wish I could attach a picture to this thread also, but I guess that's something I have to figure out how to do. Apparently you can't just attach and or paste.

Thanks, Jay
still need to set up my profile

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jay and welcome to the forum. Lots of good information and great people here.
I suggest that you give Heartland Customer Service a call.
Explain your situation and have your VIN handy.
Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our 2013 Trail Runner has stickers on the wall showing where to mount the TV mounts.

The one in the living room was spot on . . .

The one in the bedroom was off by about a foot and a half . . . now I have a couple of unneeded holes in the wall! :mad:

As for what mount to buy . . . I bought two swivel mounts from Camping World as they were the ONLY ONES I could find that could be locked to the wall so that the TV's won't swing while on the road!

Here is a link:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/locking-cantilever-mount/51564

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

Thanks for the info. Called Heartland Customer service this morning with the number provided in his link and got quick help. An engineer will be emailing us a schematic of that wall section with their intended mounting design an any other options. Thank you Heartland Owner's forum!