Ultra Fab Deluxe Dual landing gear on a 2008 Sundance fifth wheel

After many issues and non performance of the Venture/Lippert single motor system on our trailer, I have made a change and ordered Ulra Fab's UF 17-943010. This is a dual motor system which should put an end to the (in my opinion) terrible under design of the original one motor/crossbar system. Has anyone done the installation on one of these and can anyone tell me if I will be able to do it myself ? I do not have welding equipment or expertise but otherwise competent in repair and assembly. Some of the reviews read indicate changing the location of the tabs on the trailer to accommodate the new brackets. If so, I will have to take it to a shop and have it installed. Anyone done this on a similar trailer to mine? (2008 Sundance 2900 RK) Thanks!

Gary521

This is a fairly easy project. I do not have a Sundance but I think things are similiar to mine ( Bighorn ). Wire each motor separately with its own fuse to the battery. I mounted both switches in the same location as the original switch. However, I have removed this setup in favor of a Ground Control system. It is much faster and completes the leveling job minus the boards etc. You can do this yourself too. The Ground Control is an all electric system vs the hydraulic. The nice thing is that you can mount it youself, almost just a fast as the hydraulic and does not make any popping noises. The Ground Control also has a remote control so you can raise and lower the front end from tthe truck. This is extremely helpful when hooking up.

Gary,

many thanks for the reply-will check out the ground control system you mentioned. My main concern with the installation is whether or not I will have to weld in new tabs or use the existing ones-I am not a welder!
Thanks again