4100 prospective buyer

DiverB

I've been looking to buy a Cyclone for the past several months, I believe the 4100 will fit my needs the best. I searched the forums for most of my questions, but wanted some clarification. The main TV does not swivel, is that correct? I'm a single guy so I can lay out on the couch long ways to watch TV, but if I do have someone with me, I'm not sure I want to keep my head turned at 30 degrees for a 2hr movie. Has anyone remounted the TV so it can swivel? Also, no issues with a draft or leaky bedroom slide? I measured my Harley Electra Glide and it should fit in the garage in theory, it fits in my 07 Gear box, but its tight. Are the tie downs in the garage close enough to anchor a bike of my size? Any of you all using a CONDOR wheel chock for your HOG's in the garage? I think what has me sold the most on the Cyclone model is actually this forum, being able to search and talk with actual owners. I like the Voltage TH also, but there's not much information out there for warranty or owners groups on the Voltage like there is with the Cyclone site. Thanks for any and all replies...

Last edited:

DocFather

Diver- I have a 2013 Ultra Classic CVO. I have no issues hauling it on my 4100 and I do use a Condor, mounted with 4x2" lag screws. I often haul a buddies Electra as well. The D-rings are fine as they come from the factory. I hope that helps. Feel free to PM me. Doc

DiverB

Thanks Doc. I'm a firm believer in the Condor wheel chock, especially with the weight of a full dresser.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Diver,

I also have a Cyclone, albeit a smaller one, 3010, with only a 10ft garage. I also use a Condor secured with through bolts. I haul my '08 GoldWing 1800. I did add some supplemental tie downs along the sides and down the middle of the Garage.

DocFather

Thanks Doc. I'm a firm believer in the Condor wheel chock, especially with the weight of a full dresser.

I have been using them for about 12 years. With the Road Kings, I never tied-down the front, only the rear. But with the 950# CVO, I use 4 tie-downs

ptysonjr

My first Mod to my new 4100 was to replace the fixed TV bracket with a swivel bracket. The hardest part was getting the old bracket off until I realized the carpeted board the tv and bracket are mounted to is what you take down first by removing the 4 square drive screws. Good idea to have someone help you get all 3 pieces down when you take the last of the 4 screws loose. You cannot get the tv off without doing this. Make sure you buy a double arm bracket. This type can be adjusted for movement tension and I found a good balance of tension to be able to swing it and not have problems with it moving while going down the road. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ptysonjr

I have not zip tied all the wires yet but here is a photo.
u8ymeqat.jpg

alex00

The main TV does not swivel, is that correct? I'm a single guy so I can lay out on the couch long ways to watch TV, but if I do have someone with me, I'm not sure I want to keep my head turned at 30 degrees for a 2hr movie. Has anyone remounted the TV so it can swivel?

My first Mod to my new 4100 was to replace the fixed TV bracket with a swivel bracket. The hardest part was getting the old bracket off until I realized the carpeted board the tv and bracket are mounted to is what you take down first by removing the 4 square drive screws. Good idea to have someone help you get all 3 pieces down when you take the last of the 4 screws loose. You cannot get the tv off without doing this. Make sure you buy a double arm bracket. This type can be adjusted for movement tension and I found a good balance of tension to be able to swing it and not have problems with it moving while going down the road. Good luck

We used a similar TV mount in my old trailer. The couch/TV angle was similar to the 4100, and it made all the difference in the world. Before the bracket, watching TV alone was fine because I could stretch out. Watching together was downright painful because of the orientation. With the right bracket, you could get the TV to sit in a very comfortable place.

DiverB

Thank you, glad to hear it can be done. I'm surprised Heartland doesn't include a swivel mount from the factory

DiverB

Oscar, Is there an electrical outlet near the bed on the slide side? Reason I'm asking is I will need to plug in my CPAC machine.

DocFather

Oscar, Is there an electrical outlet near the bed on the slide side? Reason I'm asking is I will need to plug in my CPAC machine.

Diver: There should be 2, one on each side of the bed near the feet. It is hard to see since the receptacle covers are dark brown.

DiverB

Thanks, Sorry for all the questions, but it seems like when I call a dealership to ask specific questions, they either don't know off hand or never call me back with the answer when I tell them I'm still looking. A few more questions for you all that actually own 4100's. The couch, its a recliner or is that storage underneath? The Heartland website does not show any pictures of the 4100 couch reclined. Also are there any cup holders behind the couch near the head rest or in the corners of the wall? Not a deal break by any means, just curious where I'm gonna sit my cold blue ribbon while watching that big TV.

DocFather

Thanks, Sorry for all the questions, but it seems like when I call a dealership to ask specific questions, they either don't know off hand or never call me back with the answer when I tell them I'm still looking. A few more questions for you all that actually own 4100's. The couch, its a recliner or is that storage underneath? The Heartland website does not show any pictures of the 4100 couch reclined. Also are there any cup holders behind the couch near the head rest or in the corners of the wall? Not a deal break by any means, just curious where I'm gonna sit my cold blue ribbon while watching that big TV.

You can store the 2 tables behind the recliners but the only underneath storage is under the far left section. The table poles can fit easily in there plus more. There are no cup holders.

oscar

DocFather got 'em both right.

Tables in a blanket behind the couch, all the poles underneath the rearmost section. The others are recliners. Outlets on the bed itself at the foot end.

ptysonjr

DocFather got 'em both right.

Tables in a blanket behind the couch, all the poles underneath the rearmost section. The others are recliners. Outlets on the bed itself at the foot end.

We have a month old unit and the outlets are about where your chest would be in bed down on the wooden side panels.

DiverB

Double towing question

Does anyone know which if any Cyclone models have ability for me to put a receiver hitch on the rear of the toy hauler so I can tow my jet ski trailer behind the fifth wheel? Double trailering is allowed in Michigan for recreational vehicles. ( I do have a CDL with doubles/triples and have nearly 500,000 OTR miles hauling doubles too) I'd love to be able to take the jet skis with me when we go camping, just wondering if this was possible with the Cyclone toy haulers. Thanks

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Double towing question

DiverB - on one of our other Heartland products, we had our dealer put a receiver hitch on a Big Country so we could pull our golf cart behind the camper. We waited till after the warranty had expired on the frame because it will automatically void any warranty that Lippert has. We pull the golf cart for about 3 years. With your CDL license, you can pull a double anywhere.
DSCN0303.jpg