Thread: I'm looking at a 2011 Greystone 29MK in San Diego

1. Print this Post   #1

I'm looking at a 2011 Greystone 29MK in San Diego

I'm looking at this 2011 Greystone 29MK in San Diego, and judging by the pictures its just what I am looking for. First, does anyone have any experience with this dealer LaMesa RV? I have heard their ads, but I dont know how reputable they are.

Does anyone else have this model Greystone 29MK? If so, are there any common issues that I need to look for before purchasing, and what do you think a nice clean one would go for today?

I hope I posted in the right forum, if not I'm sorry. I am brand new to the RV scene. I am 52 and want to see the county!

Here is the ad:
    http://www.lamesarv.com/2011-Heartla...STONE-STE61520

and a picture:

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: I'm looking at a 2011 Greystone 29MK in San Diego

Hi cargears,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't know of any Greystone specific things to look for, but I'd suggest you closely inspect the roof and exterior caulking to see how it's been maintained. Take a look for any signs of uneven tire wear. Also check the date code on the tires; an early 2011 build could have tires that are around 4 years old. Even if they look ok, they're getting a little old. Same for the battery - a 4 year old battery would be near end of life.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

You can look up used RV prices in the NADA book www.nada.com
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

4. Print this Post   #4
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

The Greystone and Sundance lines are made on the same assembly line, main difference being color schemes. If you cannot find enough info or pricing for this model, you could look for the same floorplan in a Sundance.
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

5. Print this Post   #5

Don't know anything about the Greystone but I live in San Diego and used this dealer for my warranty service. I purchased my Cyclone at ExploreUSA in Dallas TX. Gave La Mesa a chance but they couldn't match the great price I got in TX. La Mesa RV has several locations, I only have used the San Diego location. They made a few minor warranty repairs for me and I was very satisfied with their service. They ordered the parts and called me to bring in my unit when the parts were in the shop. Had the work done in a few days as they had stated they would and called me to come pick up my rig when it was finished. Never had a problem with my unit sitting waiting for the repairs. They had no issues that I did not purchase my Cyclone from them.
    Tony and my rescue dog Layla
    2012 Ford F-350 6.7L Lariat FX4 SRW
    2012 Cyclone 4014 HD
    2011 Harley Davidson CVO Screaming Eagle Street Glide, 2009 Fat Boy

2012 National Rally-Gillette; WY Rally- Cody; Southern California Rally-Temecula CA
    2013 Northeast Regional Rally-Gettysburg PA; National Rally-Goshen; Pacific Regional Rally-Temecula CA
    2014 Quartzsite, AZ; Custer State Park summer volunteer.

6. Print this Post   #6

Better late than never, so here is some info. I own this model of Greystone. I'm the second owner so I didnt get any warranty support. There is a known problem with the front cap fading on these models. The gel coat was poorly done and the fix is to pain the front cap. Original owners get some warranty coverage on this, but not 2nd owners, even though it is a factory workmanship defect.
    Other items I have had to address is a water leak in the toilet area which caused a converter failure (because the converter is located under the toilet, not too smart of a design), the 110 supply to the hot water heater was poorly connected and required service to reconnect to work, and the slide (stove and refrig side) bracket attaching the rails to the slide fractured and required rebuilding to make them stronger, and currently were are looking into the rear cap connections because we see some side to side movement and caulking gaps.
    My guess on pricing would be around 20 - 25k.

good luck. All RV's take a beating while going down the road and I dont know anyone who has not had some issues.