What does this Switch do?

Can anyone tell me what the switch does thats under the main switch area as you walk into the rig? Its white and lights up (red) when flipped up.

jimtoo

Hi dave n sarah,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You do not have posted what unit you have and it would help if we knew. But most likely that switch is for the electric side (120v) of the water heater. If you have turned it on without water in the heater you have most likely burned the heating element out. If could post a picture it would help also.

Please let us know what unit you have.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I am also moving the thread to a better area.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Be sure and fill up the water heater and test it's operation before your first trip. As others have now pointed out, if it is the electric hot water heater switch and you turned it on without water on the tank, you may need to buy a new heating element. Personally, if that's the case, you should press the dealer to replace it. After all, they failed to inform you of what that switch does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

There are two switches that control AC power to the water heater. The first is the switch under discussion. The second is a rocker switch located directly on the water heater, behind the screened cover. the rocker switch is provided with a spring clip that prevents the switch from being turned on accidently before you ensure there is water in the water heater tank. Once you have established water is in the tank, both switches must be turned to the on position prior to operation on 110Vac. So, you may have saved your element if the rocker switch was not turned on when/if the tank was empty.

We have a 4100 King. On the instrument panel there are two switches side by side for the water heater. One is for electric the other is for Propane.