Grey tank capacities

Hippy

2014 Heartland Cyclone 3110.
Does anybody know the grey tank capacities for tank 1 and tank 2? I'm puzzled. The specs says grey tank capacity is 69 gallons. It that divided by 2?
My tank 1 reads 1/3 and my tank 2 reads 2/3. I believe I should be full on tank 2 any time.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I believe they are 45 gal each. Don't trust the level indicators. They are notoriously wrong.

danemayer

Do the gray tanks have overflow hoses like the fresh water?
No overflow hoses on gray tanks. In many places, discharging gray water is against the rules/law. The shower is usually the one that fills first. When full, the shower won't drain.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A trick you can do: If the shower gray tank fills before the galley gray tank and you cannot dump then you can close the dump hose, then pull both gray tanks and they will equalize giving you more room in the shower gray tank. Helps if you have a fitting on the end cap that allows you to close it.

choprpilot76

I was wondering this myself and found this thread on a search. I have a 2014 Cyclone 4100, and the specs online/brochure just say 82 gal grey and 82 gal black. I have two grey dump valves and two black. So am I to assume that I have two 41 gal grey tanks and two 41 gal black tanks?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I was wondering this myself and found this thread on a search. I have a 2014 Cyclone 4100, and the specs online/brochure just say 82 gal grey and 82 gal black. I have two grey dump valves and two black. So am I to assume that I have two 41 gal grey tanks and two 41 gal black tanks?

That sounds correct to me.