Buying new tow vehicle - advice

G-town

Thank you so much for the advice. Much appreciated.

Sorry G-Town, I've been offline so long I forgot my password to log in!
I agree with your choice of a 5th wheel to full time in, especially if your not going to be moving around a lot. We just spent 4 days in Marble Falls, (2 days with another couple) and there is just so much more usable space in a 5th wheel. I don't know anything about the 3650RL but Big Country makes a quality product that I'm sure you'll enjoy. This being our 2nd 5th wheel the thing I love most about this one is the AUTOMATIC 6 point hydraulic leveling...IT'S AMAZING!!!
This is THE most stable RV we've ever owned to include a 36ft Pusher we once had. I hate a wobbling RV when someone is walking around...And the jacks are powerful enough to lift all axles off the ground with ease making changing a flat a breeze! Also, from the time I back in a slot I'm leveled, plugged in with slide out in 10mins or less...If this is an option I HIGHLY recommend you order it! Personally, if I were buying a TT I'd choose a single rear wheel setup. However, running around with 3-4k pressing down in your bed I'll ALWAYS recommend a dually for towing a 5th wheel! I had a flat on my rig last year when i got home from picking my new unit up in Cincinnati and I don't even know when it went flat??? Only noticed when my outside dual was hanging off my driveway and I noticed the inner tire was flat! Had I been hauling this 17000lb rig with a 4000+ hitch weight with a single rear wheel setup at 70mph when it went flat, I may not have been here to tell you about it! Good Luck With your purchases :)