Suspension Upgrade Info

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
OK, I been thinking and researching suspension upgrades for our 2013 Landmark. I really want MorRYde IS but too expensive so I been looking at the Lippert Center Point Airbag system or even MorRyde CRE 4000 system with fram Xfactor supports. Our position is we maybe up grading in less than 10 years so how much money do you put into a coach which most likely be traded in. Now balance that with creating a safer smoother ride to prevent structure damage from rough rides. I do want to upgrade to disk brakes so what so you folks? Some more info, we do travel throughout the Northeast from Carolina's to Mass each season not sure of the total mileage but it has to be in excess of 3500 miles per year.

jnbhobe

Re: SUspension Upgrade Info

do the IS and disc brakes and never look back

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I too have considered suspension upgrade, but have to ask why? We full time and have travelled from Florida to Arizona, Colorado, Indiana and back to Florida twice, and will do similar starting in April. When we ordered our Big Horn, we did upgrade axles and tires and installed Neverfail bushings. Re-lubed bearings and checked brakes last season. Unit tows fine, no signs of any problems or wear; so I've waited. Would making that investment actually gain anything? Or, wait until signs of need appear.

jnbhobe

This is one of them things you can't explain, you have to experience it !!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

What is the cost of the MorRyde IS with disc brakes to get installed aftermarket?

Rod Ditrich

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Okay, I have my local dealer working up a quote for me now on the cost of getting the IS installed.

Rod Ditrich

GOTTOYS

Okay, I have my local dealer working up a quote for me now on the cost of getting the IS installed.

Rod Ditrich
It's my understanding that there are few if any places that can install the Mor-Ryde IS outside of Mor-Ryde themselves. If you get a price from a dealer they will just up what Mor-Ryde charges and have it done there anyway. I was quoted aroun 5K for both when I looked into it a year ago. Anyone that has done this upgrade, loves it...Don

Bob and Chris

Senior Members

We made the investment in the I/S including 8k axles and disc brakes, 17.5 wheels and tires and haven't regretted it; much easier on the coach and its contents. We love our Augusta and plan on having it awhile based on its dependability to date. Good luck.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

We have the Lippert Center Point Air ride and love it. It's unbelievable how much the air ride takes out of the trailer jarring you in the truck. The ride is like that on the trucking industry which makes the camper more stable. Things inside the camper just don't move because the air suspension takes all the bumps out. If you are coming to the North America Heartland Owners Club Rally in June, see if Lippert will be offering a special. The last couple of National rallies, they have.

murry135

Nabo,
we are attending the National Rally in June so I would like to hook up with you and discuss your system. I do respect Jon's and Gus's along with others about the MorRyde IS but it is just too expensive right now so lookming for other options. I do like the Center Point System. Talk to you at National.

Jim
aka Murry135

Majestic

We went to Lippert plant and they installed Center Point. For $1500., what a difference in the pull and the ride. It was the best add on we have purchased. Semi trucks had rubber block years ago and went to air, why go back, but everyone has their preferences.

murry135

Seems like the Center Point is an affordable option and all reports are good just like all MorRyde reports are. I would add disk brakes later.

Paul & Nan

We had MorRide IS put on in November, the only better thing we have done is the level up system. WOW--the ride is so much better and the "stuff" rides so much better in the rig.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I must be the only dissenting vote on Centerpoint...we had it on the Bighorn and saw NO difference in the ride, no matter how we set the air bags, in fact, I think it actually got worse....IS has DRASTICALLY improved the ride in the Landmark, however....

MTPockets

I must be the only dissenting vote on Centerpoint...we had it on the Bighorn and saw NO difference in the ride, no matter how we set the air bags, in fact, I think it actually got worse....IS has DRASTICALLY improved the ride in the Landmark, however....
I'm still thinking over the benefits of the IS. Lots of positive feedback, but can you be more specific on the drastic improvement? Mine seems to tow well with the EZ Flex and MorRyde pin box. We don't have things inside jumbled around. What can I expect to see or feel different with IS?

jnbhobe

One person told me he went over the RR tracks and had to look back to see if the trailer was still there it was so smooth. I traveled from Amana Ia. to Elkhart with my Mifi on the top of the window frame and it never moved.

kakampers

In the Bighorn, even after Centerpoint, we had to bungee the cabinets closed or they came open and things went everywhere. Even had the mirrored door at the entrance open and break off.

With IS...no more bungees. Absolutely nothing moves...no matter how bad the roads, and as mentioned above, you can see how easily it walks over railroad tracks and nasty bumps. It is much more expensive....but in our experience MORE than worth every penny!

kakampers

Just noticed you said your rig rides good as it is...if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Just add the disc brakes and be done with it...

murry135

Well I did it. Called MorRyde and setup an April appointment for the IS/Disc brake system. Looked through budget and cut a few non essential items and made the call. Will have new suspension and brakes for our travels this season. I want to thank all that had input and opinions on suspensions. We decided to continue to go with the best, buy once and be happy. After last years frame issue we decided not to cheap out. This will only reinforce what we have and protect our investment for many years. Also protect us safety wise, precious cargo, DW, is priceless. Thanks to the HOG and forum for the knowledge base.