Gun carry permit

wingfoot

I have completed the process to obtain a Tennessee gun carry permit. Wondering if anyone from Tennessee has applied for a permit and how long it took to receive your permit. I've asked the powers to be and got answers anywhere from thirty days to ninety days????
If there is anyone out there that has completed their process, could you share your experience?

Anyone else from other states feel free to commit.

Thanks in advance,
Larry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen some that say up to 60 days and some that say up to 90 days.
It sounds like "The Volunteer State" is in line with the rest of them.

Peace
Dave

WB9IIE

I applied for mine after attending the mandated training, and was pleased 30 days later when my permit was in hand. Applied in October 2010 and received in November.

pegmikef

Don't know about TN, but in TX it took about six weeks for DW and I to obtain ours. That included applying online, being fingerprinted, and forwarding passport pictures with our training completion certification which included a fifty round timed weapons qualification test.

MdMike

The whole story was never told in this Florida residents case.

I have a friend that that is the supervisor for the officer involved in this story. The man was asked if he had a permit from Florida. When asked was he carrying the weapon he initially denied to answer as the officer told him Md did not recognize the Fl permit. The man then told the officer the weapon was at home.

In the meantime the backup unit that stopped asked the wife if she had a permit and weapon. She said she did not and that her husband did and he was probably carrying the weapon and probably did not know Md did not recognize the Fl permit.

My friend the supervisorr was there when these questions were asked. This is what prompted the search.

danemayer

The whole story was never told in this Florida residents case.

I have a friend that that is the supervisor for the officer involved in this story. The man was asked if he had a permit from Florida. When asked was he carrying the weapon he initially denied to answer as the officer told him Md did not recognize the Fl permit. The man then told the officer the weapon was at home.

In the meantime the backup unit that stopped asked the wife if she had a permit and weapon. She said she did not and that her husband did and he was probably carrying the weapon and probably did not know Md did not recognize the Fl permit.

My friend the supervisorr was there when these questions were asked. This is what prompted the search.

The different answers apparently provided cause for the search. But did your friend happen to mention the cause for the stop? The news report claimed it was because the officer checked the vehicle license tag and found it was associated with a Florida carry permit.

MdMike

Brake light out.... They stop all the time for that stuff hoping to catch a drug runner or drunk. Gives reason for a stop. They can not access Florida's database for permits. He also says they do not pop up in Md when they run a Md resident.

donr827

There is a app that you can download to your phone that provides you with the carry laws in each state. Good reference for people who like to carry............Don

Grey Ghost

AZ took about 4 weeks or so, really pretty fast for all they have to check. AZ valid in most states except west coastal states and few in the upper Eastern part of the country.

LannyH

Here in Illinois it take for ever to get one, with 16 hours of training Finger Prints and then send in for the background check and 400 to 500 dollars later you might get it

jpdoggett

Texas took 6 weeks, but when I got to Kansas it only took 3 1/2 weeks, The reason I have both is I'm a Kansas Resident but stays in texas 6 month of the year and I have to have one in Kansas cause being a resident of Kansas the Texas one in only good for 180 days if I was a full time resident of texas it would good for all the time I was in Kansas