Fireplace Removal

RB2012

Last week fireplace through a spark out of the front control panel and now the blower doesn't work so all the heat stays inside metal cabinet and smell like something is burning. Will not use now but how do you remove the trim around the insert so you can remove fireplace. Is it glued on
2012Bighorn 3455RL 26" Greystone Fireplace Any help, Richard

bdb2047

The trim on ours was hailed on. Used wide putty knife to pry off trim nailer to reinstall. Trim is 1 piece foam.

marvmarcy

FWIW: Instead of renailing the facia, I applied velcro. Now it can be easily removed and reinstalled without risk of damaging anything. I used a commercial adhesive to stick the velcro to the facia and wood.

GOTTOYS

Once you remove the fascia there are 4 screws that hold the fireplace in the opening. One in each outside corner going off to the sides. I had to fix a switch on mine too. Contrary to popular belief...there is NO sub-woofer mounted behind my fireplace..Don

brianharrison

Contrary to popular belief...there is NO sub-woofer mounted behind my fireplace..Don

Interesting. I may have to remove my fireplace to check. I "thought" I could "hear" a subwoofer in my landmark, when I stuck my ear beside the fireplace.

Brian

pegmikef

The subwoofer in my BH is in a cabinet to the right of the fireplace, but I have the rear entertainment floorplan.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There may be a sub only in the Landmark/Bighorn models.
Don't know for sure, but maybe.

Peace
Dave