Prowler Lynx - LED interior upgrade with Pics!

MotoLynx27x

Hey guys. As I promised in my Taillight LED upgrade post, here are pics of the LED interior light upgrades I made to my Prowler.

f9f5246dfeadc0d7de59d6d325289641.jpg

4b9e5ae0e838aff7ebc7f642933d4367.jpg

6df8bad5e488cca239731b3a0f29748b.jpg

$28 for 20 T10 flat panel SMD warm white led bulbs! They are very bright. The pics have not been edited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Moto, did you get the LED's from the link in your taillight post? The one that was 10 led's for like $11? I just received mine yesterday and installed 20 led's replacing the 921's. I'm not real excited about the end result. They don't "Illuminate" the room as well. When I left feedback on ebay as "neutral" I was contacted by the seller. I just sent him these pictures and I'm waiting for his response. In the pictures, the 921 is on the right and led on the left.

On edit, I have not received any reply from the Ebay seller since sending him my pictures. Oh well...

Attachments

• led left 921 right.jpg
    led left 921 right.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 83
  • with lenscovers.jpg
    with lenscovers.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 86
  • without lenscovers.jpg
    without lenscovers.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

MotoLynx27x

Moto, did you get the LED's from the link in your taillight post? The one that was 10 led's for like $11? I just received mine yesterday and installed 20 led's replacing the 921's. I'm not real excited about the end result. They don't "Illuminate" the room as well. When I left feedback on ebay as "neutral" I was contacted by the seller. I just sent him these pictures and I'm waiting for his response. In the pictures, the 921 is on the right and led on the left.

On edit, I have not received any reply from the Ebay seller since sending him my pictures. Oh well...

Ok, I can understand if your a little miffed at the result, but if you change them all out and put the clear diffuser lenses back on, the results look great IMHO. I never tried comparing them to the 921's because I knew nothing would outshine the old bulb. But you have to look at it from the perspective of boon docking. I wanted usable light without the taxing amp draw of the traditional bulbs. Overall I'm very pleased with the ones I received, they work for me. I'm sorry they didn't work out for you!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ok, I can understand if your a little miffed at the result, but if you change them all out and put the clear diffuser lenses back on, the results look great IMHO. I never tried comparing them to the 921's because I knew nothing would outshine the old bulb. But you have to look at it from the perspective of boon docking. I wanted usable light without the taxing amp draw of the traditional bulbs. Overall I'm very pleased with the ones I received, they work for me. I'm sorry they didn't work out for you!

I'm getting used to them. I wasn't really miffed just a bit disappointed. I can certainly feel the difference in heat output. Especially up in the bedroom cause we're closer to the ceiling up there. As for not receiving a reply from the seller. I was hoping for a basic explanation with the numbers associated with the LED lights. The price was right for sure.