Water leak question

lewnae

We have water leaking underneath our 5th wheel Big Country after we have filled with fresh water. Could it be that the vent tube has come off? Or does anyone have any other ideas or has had this happen?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Does it only leak when you have driven it with the tanks full, or does it leak when you are filling it? Will it leak if you fill it and it is just sitting still? How much does it lower your tanks? Does the leak drain them?

There have been a few issues with the vent tube being cracked, broken or fallen off, as well as the connections where it goes into the tank. Also if you have 2 fresh water (45 gallon)tanks the connection hose between the two could have cracked or come loose. In order to know for sure you will probably have to drop the chloroplast off the bottom of the coach and look for the leak.

Hope this helps. Happy hunting!

Rod Ditrich

danemayer

Hi lewnae,

Your profile says you have a 2009 BC which would have the gravity fill for fresh water. You'll probably have to drop the coroplast underbelly to investigate. Cutting will be required. You may be able to cut 3 sides of a rectangle for your investigation, hinging it on the 4th side. Gorilla tape or flashing tape from roofing supplies at a big box store will usually hold the coroplast together when done.

If you suspect the vent or fill hose, you'll want to investigate a little to the rear of the fresh tank drain valve.

Any chance you left water in the tank over the winter?

MTPockets

When we fill, we fill until water starts coming out of one of the overflow drain tubes located on both side at the frame. Ours will drain for a while from those tubes until water falls low enough. This is normal. Where is your water draining from?

lewnae

Does it only leak when you have driven it with the tanks full, or does it leak when you are filling it? Will it leak if you fill it and it is just sitting still? How much does it lower your tanks? Does the leak drain them?

There have been a few issues with the vent tube being cracked, broken or fallen off, as well as the connections where it goes into the tank. Also if you have 2 fresh water (45 gallon)tanks the connection hose between the two could have cracked or come loose. In order to know for sure you will probably have to drop the chloroplast off the bottom of the coach and look for the leak.

Rod Ditrich

It appears to drip both while we are filling the tank and especially afterwards. some times we get water hours or days after we fill. It appears that there is no air coming out the vent when filling.
I also think the fill tube has belly in it because it is hard to fill and never gets full.

lewnae

Rod Ditrich

Our trailer is slow to fill and backs water up the fill tube, I think because of poor venting . the fill tube seems to have a belly in it, but if you blow in the fill tube the water will go in he tank like the vent is of. we'll only get he tank 3/4 full and no more water will go in the fill tube. through this process we get some water under the trailer but above chloroplast , which runs when and where it feels like it.

123camper

Same problem with our sundance. I put a fitting on my drain line and fill from there until I get water out my overflow. I had it in the shop 3 different time with no results. Filling thru my gravity feed takes over an hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I cut one end off a washing machine hose and put 3 or 4 feet down the gravity fill. Fills fast that way.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I had the same problem when filling the BH 2008 that I had and the problem was water in the vent line so the tank would not vent. I took my air compressor with 20 psi and blew the water out of the the vent line and I never had any more problems after that.