ATF: Cyclone - No Auto leveling - big mistake?

Jim.Allison

The truck needs to be unhitched and moved away from the fiver during auto level lest disaster fall upon your truck. LOL some have learned the hard way. I was lucky enough to hit the right button to stop the whole process before dammage could be done. It were embarrarasin..........

mganoe

We first bought a cyclone 4000 last year that only had hydro legs on the front with scissor jacks on the back. With really crappy luck each time we had to setup was in a down pour. We decided to upgrade our rig this year to add more features our 4000 didnt have and one of the options was the levelling system. Well being down in Florida where it rains more than its sunny during the summer Im so glad we did upgrade. It took less than a min to have the rig level and setup.

We started with a base model 4000 now have fully loaded 4000.
I realize this is an old thread, but was hoping someone might be able to give me an idea if when doing this type of an upgrade are they able to re-use the front landing gear and existing pumps thereby reducing the install costs, or do they need to replace all components?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I realize this is an old thread, but was hoping someone might be able to give me an idea if when doing this type of an upgrade are they able to re-use the front landing gear and existing pumps thereby reducing the install costs, or do they need to replace all components?

If you have hydraulic front landing gear then they can be used. Depending on whats size pump/reservoir you have will determine if it needs replacing.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
When I had mine installed the cost difference was based on front hydraulic legs or not.
Having hydraulic landing gear makes the installation much easier (we didn't have it)

At the time the pump was replaced on as needed basis. 'Hydraulic slides only' required a new pump and reservoir.
Hydraulic slides and front landing gear used existing pump and tank.

mganoe

Excellent news. I tried to find that out at the Hershey show last year, but they wouldn't tell me till I drove clear to NC to have the install done.

To be honest I'm really on the fence so time will tell.

For anyone that does not have the auto leveling I just installed the levelmate pro and I must say at least this first time out it made setup much much easier. Highly recommend the system.

mganoe

Forgot to add thank you to the both of you for responding so quick.