EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Huachuca City - 10/16/2014 to 10/19/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregattaway

Hello everyone,

I just sent the PM below to Doublegranch but I think it can go to all ...

We are not new to RV'n but we are new to toy haul'n and the Heartland brand ...
We bought a 2015 3110 that we still have to pick up from the dealer in TX but this looks like a GREAT opportunity to get get to know other owners and get the great suggestions I know you all will have ... thank you in advance ... Greg

(PM SENT)
Hello,

We are Greg and Denise and brand new Heartland owners ...

I came across this event while looking over the forums for other items ...

We had no idea there were and chapters or clubs for Heartland owners ...

We live in Pearce, AZ aka Sunzonia/Ash Creek in Cochise County ...

Any more info would be greatly appreciated !!!

thank you,
Greg

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hello everyone,

I just sent the PM below to Doublegranch but I think it can go to all ...

We are not new to RV'n but we are new to toy haul'n and the Heartland brand ...
We bought a 2015 3110 that we still have to pick up from the dealer in TX but this looks like a GREAT opportunity to get get to know other owners and get the great suggestions I know you all will have ... thank you in advance ... Greg

(PM SENT)
Hello,

We are Greg and Denise and brand new Heartland owners ...

I came across this event while looking over the forums for other items ...

We had no idea there were and chapters or clubs for Heartland owners ...

We live in Pearce, AZ aka Sunzonia/Ash Creek in Cochise County ...

Any more info would be greatly appreciated !!!

thank you,
Greg

[Greg: THanks for the PM....I just responded to you. Also gave you my phone number and email should you want to discuss anything. All Heartland activities are always open to everyone and we would be honored to have you attend our Oct Rally. This will be our first Rally. Our Chapter was founded in mid Feb of this year, 2014. We are growing at a very nice pace and plan to have a number of events. ALso check out our second Rally in Jan at Quartzsite. You are not that far away from me, the ranch is located in Elgin, the wine capital of AZ. Drop me an email or your phone number and we can go into detail on anything you are requesting. Thanks for finding us and hope to see you at the Oct Rally....]

Doublegranch

Mark & Michelle:

Got you all booked per our phone conversation....if you need to change from Thursday to Friday, just let me know....not a problem.
Looking forward to meeting you, Michelle and the kids in Oct.....

Garry

Doublegranch

I just updated the pot luck dinner. The chapter will host Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Start posting what compliment you will bring to the pot luck. Post you items under this thread so everyone will know.
We have some members who don't eat meat, some who don't eat red meat, so I went to two items, in hope of satisfying everyone. So if your dish has a meat item within, Please Please let everyone know!!!
I would hate to have members go into anaphylactic shock and require CPR on our Inaugural Rally....Or any Rally!!!!!!

Remember I will also be making breakfast burritos on Sunday morning before our departure and looking for an appetizer "snack" for our Steal a Gift Game Night....I am thinking about Jalapeno poppers since we have an oven to use in the club house. Your ideas are most welcome!

Can't wait to see everyone there and to meet our new members as well.

Feel free to bring any drink of choice as the cub house allows alcoholic beverages as well. There is also a nice freezer and refrigerator in the clubhouse in which you may store items during our Rally.

Oct is getting closer.....any last minute snow birds that would like to join us, let me know as I can expand the block of sites required to accommodate our Rally needs.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Greg & Denise Attaway, two of our newest members have just picked up their new 2015 Cyclone HD in Texas and heading back to AZ. They will be at the Oct Rally and this will be their first Rally in the new Trailer...Exciting times!

Doublegranch

Group Lunch....If you are interested in having a group lunch on either Friday or Saturday, let me know. While we cannot book into Tombstone for a luncheon due to Helldorado days, Sierra Vista is only 10 miles the RV Resort and has a number of great places to eat. If you have any interest, post your desire. Once the size of the group is determined, I will make arrangements for whatever day will be available to our group. There are a number of activities going on during our Rally and many places of interest to visit, you can be as busy as you want or just lay back and enjoy, so don't feel pressured. This is just one more element being offered, should the interest be there. Can't wait to see everyone!

Kosanko

Garry,

I would like to also mention the the Vineyards and Wine Tasting in Elgin & Sonoita with are less than 20 miles away down Hwy 82, Plus if anyone is bringing a motorcycle there is the Awesome ride west down hwy 82 to north hwy 83 to I-10 East to hwy 90 south. The entire "long block" is around 100 miles and is a beautiful ride in the fall.

Venue:
------------------------------
  • Quail Ridge RV Resort - 18 miles from Tombstone AZ
  • 2207 North Yucca Dr
  • Huachuca City, AZ 85616
  • Linda 520 456 9301 Mon - Fri 9am-4pm
  • www.quailridgerv.co
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee:
  • WiFi available: No
  • WiFi Fee: $

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 11
  • Site fee: $$16.00 @ night Full hook ups per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: none
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/16/2014
  • Potluck time: 6:00 PM

• Event Leader: Doublegranch(click to contact)

Additional Info:
AZ Chapter Inaugural Rally:

Quail Ridge RV Resort is located off Hwy 82 & Hwy 90. It is 18 miles from Tombstone, 8 miles from Kartchner Caverns, 10 miles from Fairbank Ghost Town on the San Pedro River, 12 miles from Sierra Vista and Ft. Huachuca.
The roads are all paved and the sites are all gravel pull through.
Book through Linda and she will take your credit card number BUT not run any charges on it until she sees the Whites of your Eyes. "Per her comment"

We have the Club House with full kitchen and BBQ reserved for our use as follows: Thur-6-10pm, Fri-7-9pm, Sat-7-10pm, Sun-7-10AM.

PotLuck: Thursday Oct 16th, the chapter will provide Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Please post what you will bring for the pot luck so we won't have an overload on one item, also bring your beverage of choice.

Friday Oct 17th: Bring a gift valued between $10-15. We will have a Steal a Gift night. Each person or Rig that brings a gift will receive a ticket. Two people in one rig may bring one gift or two, they will receive a gift ticket for each gift they bring. We will pull a ticket for the first gift and that person will select from the Table of Gifts. The next ticket pulled, may select from the table or take the first persons gift, at which time that person will again select from the table. This will continue until the last person is drawn, in which case they have an option of any gift already selected or the final table gift. So you have to be honest and not hide your gift...everyone must be able to see all gifts during the "Steal". Bring your own beverage of choice, it will be a fun evening.

Sat: Oct 18th: Raffle and door prizes & 50/50 drawing.

Sun: Oct 19th: I will be cooking breakfast burritos before we all head back home.

Activities: Tombstone Helldorado Days will be going on during our Rally. The largest Old West gun fight in the State. Parades, shoot outs in the street, trolley rides, stagecoach rides and even an evening GHOST Ride via the Trolley.

Kartchner Caverns has daily tours and this is a super tour under ground. For reservations call 520 586 2283.

If enough interest, we will have a group lunch in Sierra Vista on Saturday. Tombstone will not accept large groups during Helldorado Days.

Stay tuned: More to come later.

Let me know when you book your reservation with Linda.

RSVP List:
1. Garry Gilbert - AZ
2. Ron & Cooke Moen - AZ
3. Ann & Rick Haddock - AZ
4. Terry & June Rainwater - AZ
5. Bob & Marion Wengler - AZ
6. Jim Arganbright - AZ
7 Jeanne Cox - AZ
8. Thomas & Holly Clemmer - AZ
9. Ralph & Tandy Fuller - TX
10. Micha & Lynn Riemer - AZ
Don & Monica Ashby - CO Chapter Leader Oct 15-20
12. Bob & Kathy Pearce - AZ
Bill & Nancy Kusar - AZ Oct 17 - 19
Greg & Denise Attaway - AZ
Ryan & Sandi Dougherty - AZ ??
16. Mark & Michelle Kosanko - AZ
17. Tom & Fran Hallock - AZ
Block has been extended.....keep the RSVP's rolling in....this is exciting times for our new Chapter.....

Doublegranch

On Sept 1, 2014, I will close down the name list for our Oct Rally. I am doing this as I am having something made for each participant and need time to have this completed. These items will be made for each Heartland Member who attends our Rally. This will be a one time order and the chapter will not order any extras. If we have late bookings, we will obviously allow everyone to attend, but they may or may not receive the special gift, depending on how late they booked. I will send out an email to each participant to reconfirm your RSVP prior to the Sept 1 cut off. Our Rally is getting closer!!! Can't wait to meet all the new faces in our Chapter and out of state guests. So far we have guests from Colorado and Texas on our RSVP list.

With a month left of our summer, may everyone enjoy your travels and remain safe!

See you in Oct....

MTPockets

"PotLuck: Thursday Oct 16th, the chapter will provide Veggie Lasagna and grilled chicken. Please post what you will bring for the pot luck so we won't have an overload on one item, also bring your beverage of choice."

June will make her fantastic Taco Salad for the pot luck.

Doublegranch

Put Rick and I down for homemade ice cream and all the fixings:)

[Yum......can't wait, one of life's delights....by the way, remember I have Jetta & Harley's chukkit here from the meet n greet. I will toss it in the camper for them.]

gregattaway

The wife says she will make a big ole pot of AZ's finest fart'n beans !!!
Ok, that was a joke ... it will he a giant pot ... ;)

Sandi and I will be able to make it to the whole rally so we cant wait to see everyone. Not sure what we are bringing to the potluck but will post it when i know.

Doublegranch

Ryan & Sandi: Great news! Look forward to seeing you both in Oct....

Remember on the pot luck, just bring a side dish, you are not feeding the entire group. If everyone brings enough for 6 or so people, we should have ample food. I know this is your first Rally, so thought I would pass that along...

See you soon!

Doublegranch

We need a thread where we can ask questions ... :cool:
Like AZ people helping AZ people ...

[Greg: I will post a new thread under the Arizona Chapter that you use to pull up all threads for our Chapter....It will be posted in a couple of minutes....Great idea...]

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I'll be bringing brownies...one batch with pecans the second batch without:)...goes well with homemade ice cream:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.