EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Huachuca City - 10/16/2014 to 10/19/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John...

Between adult happy water, too much food, tours, late night star watching, no one has time to post....
Will finish up in the morning with breakfast burritos and checkout......

postings should follow...

MTPockets

I'll start: rally has been top notch! Huge Kudo's to Garry - He put in a ton getting this Inagural together! What a great group of folks. We're happy to be part of the Arizona group. Look forward to Quartzite! Terry & June

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Ditto MTPockets!!
A great time for all. Don and I enjoyed meeting with the AZ group as well as seeing "old" friends. Checking out the area was entertaining also: Tubac was a fun shopping expedition:)

Ron-Cookie

I had a wonderful time at my FIRST Rally! Thank you all for such fun! I thought I had better put in a word of thanks to those who stopped to see if they could be of assistance... I had Good Sam Roadside Assistance on their way... Someone at the Stop Sign had told me that I had a balloon on the inside of my rear passenger trailer tire... Check out the picture of the tire in the bed of the truck..... When I got home (I drove slow) I found that after another 160 miles my front drivers side trailer tire was ready to blow as well... I now know why they are called BLOWMAX tires!! Only about 5000 on this set of tires on my 2013 Sundance... Check out this picture as well... Anyone know of good replacement tire? Thanks again for a wonderful FIRST Rally and thanks again for checking on me on the side of the road! Nice to have concerned friends!

Attachments

• IMG_20141019_155915_021[1].jpg
    IMG_20141019_155915_021[1].jpg
    352 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20141019_155932_795[2].jpg
    IMG_20141019_155932_795[2].jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Mrsfish

Our first rally was a 10!!!! Met so many fabulous people, some incredible kids and well mannered dogs. We are now even more excited for quarztcite and seeing everyone again. Thank you to everyone for everything you all did to making this so awesome. To Jeanne for her recipes, to Terry and June for their tunes, to Greg for his wit, to Michelle for her awesome girls, to Monica for her never ending help and to everyone for just being there and making it as good as I could have dreamt. Garry was incredible and worked way too hard. We'll make sure we're even better organized for the next one so he can have some time off. Now that we all have one under our belts the next one should be a hoot. Safe travels to those who haven't left yet. See you all soon!! (And Holly- start warming up those vocal cords, cause the secret's out)

Kosanko

Hello, to the group!!!

The Inaugural Az. Chapter Rally was also our first Rally, and it far surpassed our expectations. Not only did we meet some fantastic people, the rally fee was a bargain for the vast amount of knowledge that I gained from our knowledgeable chapter members. If for nothing else if anyone just wants to spend the weekend with like minded soles who share the common bond of owning a Heartland RV, you cannot believe the comradre of this group, we have never felt so welcome to a new group in such a short time. We cannot wait until the next one in Quartzite!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hello, to the group!!!

The Inaugural Az. Chapter Rally was also our first Rally, and it far surpassed our expectations. Not only did we meet some fantastic people, the rally fee was a bargain for the vast amount of knowledge that I gained from our knowledgeable chapter members. If for nothing else if anyone just wants to spend the weekend with like minded soles who share the common bond of owning a Heartland RV, you cannot believe the comradre of this group, we have never felt so welcome to a new group in such a short time. We cannot wait until the next one in Quartzite!!

We've been to two HOC Rallies thus far, and Quartzsite will be our third!

We met Garry at our first rally, as well as Monica and Don (the Colorado HOC leaders), and countless other members (like Terry & June), and I can't say enough about them!

What a bunch of great people and a fun time!

Anyone who hasn't yet attended an HOC rally or campout needs to do so right away!

We'll see you all at Quartzsite in January, 2015!

Doublegranch

A big thank you to all who attended our Inaugural Rally.....You are the one's that made it special and as great as it turned out. In my opinion this was one of the best Rally's I have attended.
Thanks to all who helped out, cleaned up and brought all those super snacks.
Also this was the first Rally I have attended with Children and WOW what a special Treat.....I hope they will be at all our Rally's.
To our out of State guests, thank you for attending and we all wish you safe travels.
See you in Quartzsite in Jan 2015. Our RSVP has exceeded all expectations and working on clearing those with pending confirmations.

I feel blessed to have such close Heartland friends in the Arizona Chapter and the Heartland Owners Club everywhere.

Garry & Dakota

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Good to hear you had a great rally. I had a feeling you would make it a time to remember. . Gregg

Doublegranch

To the two AZ members, whom I will not mention their names, who had tire blow outs after the Quailridge Rally....I trust it all worked out and no damage was done to the one siting on the RV or the other on the truck. I feel bad you had these problems and wish you all well.
Safe travels in the future.

Kosanko

Garry,

Do please share their experiences so we as a chapter may learn from their misfortune, also putting it out for the chapter, I do carry an onboard air compressor with a 50' hose, and if anyone need to check their tire before hitting the road. I'm offering up my air compressor for use to all chapter members, (it may need cold beer) to work effectively...Lol

Doublegranch

Garry,

Do please share their experiences so we as a chapter may learn from their misfortune, also putting it out for the chapter, I do carry an onboard air compressor with a 50' hose, and if anyone need to check their tire before hitting the road. I'm offering up my air compressor for use to all chapter members, (it may need cold beer) to work effectively...Lol

[One rig had a blow out on his blowmax tires, tread partially separated from the tire. He had Good Sam service and they changed tires, leaving him without a spare. About 20 miles from the Phoenix area another Blowmax decided to do the same thing. He limped home and putting a new set of Goodrich Tires on this week. No damage to the RV. Several AZ members offered assistance but he was okay. The second person had a blow on on his truck, not sure of the details, but apparently no damage to the truck or RV. ]

Mrsfish

wow - we only had a blowout in the back seat! (that's a joke folks, that's where Jetta and Harley ride and after all the people food they ate - BLOWOUT!!)

jwcox

Thanks to all the folks I met at our first rally. I enjoyed everything and finished up my road trip at Lost Dutchman State Park. How beautiful, sad to leave there, but glad to be home.

sandrattt

We had a great time too. It was nice to see some Colorado friends and meet some new interesting people. Thanks for all your effort Gary. We look forward to the next event in Jan.

Tom, Holly and LucyBell

Doublegranch

Jeanne, happy you made it home okay....

Tom & Holly....looking forward to Quartzsite....RSVP is up to 27....Holly, We will need your help, thanks for volunteering...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had a great time too. It was nice to see some Colorado friends and meet some new interesting people. Thanks for all your effort Gary. We look forward to the next event in Jan.

Tom, Holly and LucyBell

We are from Colorado . . . and will be at the January 2015 Quartzsite, AZ HOC Rally!

Can't wait to meet all of the Arizona Chapter members that we haven't met yet, plus see all of the others we have already met at previous rallies we've attended!

Lindstrom1950

Hi Everyone, we will be attending the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque and as we'll be in the area we would love to attend your rally. So please put us down, Alina and John Lindstrom (can't forget Jackson, our little beagle). HOC 2520. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.