Looking Hotel and Campground Reccomendations in Elkhart

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I will be traveling to Elkhart the first week of April from PA via Route 80. I would like to make Ohio the first day and stay at one of the Ohio Travel Centers on Route 80. However when I am in Elkhart I am looking for a hotel and a campground for the nights I will be there. Hotel when rig is in service and campground between repair facilities. Any sugestions?

Kbvols

Elkhart campground is just off toll road and about 4 miles from factory. Clean campground with nice owners. Campground phone 574-264-2914. There is a new Staybridge suites right off the toll road also. There are also other hotel options in same area Hampton, Holiday Inn expresses, Comfort suites all are ok hotels. Several resturants close by. Cracker Barrell, Applebee's, Steak and Shake. A couple local resturants close by that are good Flippin Cow and Chubby Trout.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
A good Hotel convenient to Heartlands location is the Red Roof. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

murry135

Jon,
Yes I am going to the MorRyde Factory. I know I can stay in coach while there but I will be having some paint work done and some other service, so some days I will have coach to stay in and some I won't. I have research area and found all the above mentions and now have plenty of options. Thanks to all that responded.

dcwettstein

We were at Elkhart in November and again in February. We stayed both times at the Comfort inn south. The cost was about $86 and it included breakfast. They have a different breakfast every day. One day eggs and sausage, French toast and sausage, biskets and gravy and they always have waffles, Cereal, muffins and fruit. If you go there ask to stay on the third floor on the same end as the front desk. That way there will be no rooms below you and it is nice and quiet.

porthole

Retired
Hey Jim, as you already know, you can stay at the MOR/ryde plant while they are working on it. My suggestion, get there the day before and camp over night in their parking lot across the street, they have electric and water available. Get up early and be ready to pull the trailer into the shop by 7. Odds are they will be looking for you around 6:15-7am. Stay for breakfast, maybe even lunch (they supply) if you have nothing else to do. Then find your hotel. You can stay in the trailer overnight in the shop but the shop is now in operation almost 24-7.

If nothing else the presses and punches start pressing and punching around 4 am.
And you can ask us how we know that.

murry135

Duane,

I plan on arriving the evening before of my install and staying in MorRyde lot and then in factory at MorRyde. I am also going to Carrera Paint who is paying for me to deliver my unit to them for some paint repairs. I have several areas with orange peel effect and the local shop in NJ who has a large truck spray booth wants to much to repair it so they asked if I would tow it there and they would reimburse my expenses. I jumped on that and thats when I want a hotel for the over night, when it is in the paint shop. I have research several locals with continental breakfast so I am good. SO, how do you know about the punches? LOL.

Jim