Frameless window questions

BobX2

My new Sundance XLT has frameless windows. I've never had them before, and was wondering if anyone who does have them has had any problems with them? They look nice, but is there anything I need to watch out for with them? Anything different or special that I need to know about them, compared to the regular framed windows that I've had in all my other RV's? Still waiting for the weather to warm up enough so I can take it out for it's maiden voyage and not have to re-winterize it when we get home.

iawoody2

Same here, really like them and looks. Just be careful the first time you open, tend to stick a little.

I've got them and haven't had any problems other that sticking the first time I opened them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi BobX2,

Typically when there are problems with something, there's a lot of discussion.

I don't think there's been much discussion about the frameless windows since they were introduced. About the only question that comes up now and again is whether the dual pane option can be in the frameless style.

BobX2

Hi BobX2,

Typically when there are problems with something, there's a lot of discussion.

I don't think there's been much discussion about the frameless windows since they were introduced. About the only question that comes up now and again is whether the dual pane option can be in the frameless style.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Just seems like they would be more prone to leaking, but from all I've been able to find it appears they seem less likely to leak than regular framed windows. Just the fear of the unknown when dealing with something that's new to me I guess. :rolleyes:

GWRam

We needed two of ours to be adjusted at the dealer. Now they all open easily. Good looking product.
Dave

pegmikef

We have been in some pretty heavy rain with ours and no leaks. You can even leave them open a little depended on the direction of the rain. One thing I found is that when you close them make sure you turn the knob so that it is fairly tight. If it is not, ours have "walked" open a little ways when on the road.

SeattleLion

Last summer in our TT we went through some truly heavy storms where the rain was so loud we could hardly carry on a conversation. The frameless windows didn't leak at all. We had no problem opening or shutting them. They were one of the few problem-free parts of our Kodiak.

BobX2

Last summer in our TT we went through some truly heavy storms where the rain was so loud we could hardly carry on a conversation. The frameless windows didn't leak at all. We had no problem opening or shutting them. They were one of the few problem-free parts of our Kodiak.

I guess if they can withstand the wet weather in Washington, I should not need to worry about them in Colorado. :) 300+ days of sunshine per year!