First Weekend Camping Trip This Year

jeffdee

I prepped the rv last week for a 4 day weekend trip to Cajun Palms RV Park, Henderson, Louisiana on I-10, exit 115. It was a great weekend for eating, camping and relaxing.

On the menu: shrimp creole, chicken and sausage gumbo, boudin, cracklins, po'boys, and on Saturday a crawfish boil for the wife's birthday. It was a great time had by all. Photos attached.

Attachments

• photo2_zpsf1ebd6f5.jpg
    photo2_zpsf1ebd6f5.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 170
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 138

Kbvols

I am jealous!!! Camping, shorts,tee shirts, beer and Cajun food. Had to be a great time. Hopefully some day soon it will get above freezing up in north country.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jeff you're just down the road from me. We live in westlake/ lake charles. We love Cajun palms but it is on the expensive side now. Lol. Do y'all ever camp over this way? We moved out if our home park this weekend to a little parish park on the river as the wife wanted to go camping...keep in mind that we live in our BC full time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffdee

The wife loves Cajun Palms so we go there once a month. We used to go to KOA in Scott, La with our previous TT but the trees have low branches and campsites are tight. My F250 is SRW so I haven't planned long hauls until I get an F350 DRW. When we went home Sunday I was fighting stiff crosswinds. It gets a little freaky towing a Cyclone with SRW.

We have been to Percy Quinn SP in Miss. a couple of times. We may head your way later this year. I want to try to attend one of the SE Texas Heartland RV meets.

jassson007

We are waiting on a s Texas event too. We have gone to the n Texas campout in canton over the New Years holiday. We were supposed to go to the AL rally over spring break but dw's cousin decided to get married then...oh well. We will head to national rally though. If you head this way let me know. We go to s Toledo bend quite often as well and would not be a bad trip for you.

I wonder how much interest would be in a Louisiana chapter?

jeffdee

I would be interested in joining a Louisiana chapter if one was to form. There are a lot of Heartland RVs in the south Louisiana. I am semi-retired so the wife and I are committed to camping a 4 day weekend once a month.

Give me the name of the Toledo Bend campground you go to.

jassson007

I would be interested in joining a Louisiana chapter if one was to form. There are a lot of Heartland RVs in the south Louisiana. I am semi-retired so the wife and I are committed to camping a 4 day weekend once a month.

Give me the name of the Toledo Bend campground you go to.

We go to south Toledo bend state park. We have run into some of the s Texas group there in the past. As far as chapter goes I have been waiting to bring it up till after I had an opportunity to attend one to see how things run. My wife is still teaches so early spring and late fall have to be planned around other things but we had planned to go to gulf shores rally over her spring break but one of her cousins decided to get married same weekend so we will miss out on that. We are going to the national rally though. Send me a PM if you are serious and we can talk about it.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Hey guys (and girls too). Tom and Marti have been really busy with building a new house about 250 miles from Houston and they simply haven't had time to plan a spring rally for south Texas.He is planning on a fall rally but I'm not sure where it will be right now.

Andy I am excited about you and Joanna coming to Urbanna and want to talk more about a Louisiana chapter.

We loved South Toledo Bend state park when we stayed there a few of years ago. We met some other Heartlanders and SOB owners there for a great New Years Eve celebration two years in a row. Sadly we haven't been able to come back but its a great park.

oldmannj

Running a rally is as difficult as you make it. My wife and I learned some lessons with our first rally last year. You need to be able to plan for the meal part of it, ('cause that's why everyone comes LOL) and also just a bit of entertainment. If you decide to jump in you'll have a blast, I know Irene and I do!!! If you'd like to ask me anything I'd be happy to help. Just send me a PM and anything I can do I will. ED.
:angel:

jassson007

Hey guys (and girls too). Tom and Marti have been really busy with building a new house about 250 miles from Houston and they simply haven't had time to plan a spring rally for south Texas.He is planning on a fall rally but I'm not sure where it will be right now.

Andy I am excited about you and Joanna coming to Urbanna and want to talk more about a Louisiana chapter.

We loved South Toledo Bend state park when we stayed there a few of years ago. We met some other Heartlanders and SOB owners there for a great New Years Eve celebration two years in a row. Sadly we haven't been able to come back but its a great park.

I understand Tom has been busy with a new house going up, way too many decisions to make. We thought about it at one time and then we would go walk through lowes and we decided we would never be able to decide on plumbing fixtures much less anything else. Good luck to him.

With Jo being a teacher we have to plan around her breaks in spring and then around football season in fall as that is our first love. It is easier for me to get time off than her. So we had planned to attend Alabama but plans got changed, oh well. I look forward to visiting with you in urbanna and discussing this there. I am interested but like I said before we make a decision we want to be able to attend one and see how things run. Our football schedule was just released so I need to see if we are going to be able to make it to Bullard for the N Texas fall one.

We love s Toledo too have been there quite a few times as it is just over 2 hours from home.

jassson007

Running a rally is as difficult as you make it. My wife and I learned some lessons with our first rally last year. You need to be able to plan for the meal part of it, ('cause that's why everyone comes LOL) and also just a bit of entertainment. If you decide to jump in you'll have a blast, I know Irene and I do!!! If you'd like to ask me anything I'd be happy to help. Just send me a PM and anything I can do I will. ED.
:angel:

I wonder too Ed how much interest there might be. I know there are 4 or 5 of us that are active in the board otherwise I am not sure. I will def keep you in mind when I need advice about what to do though...lol. As far as food I ain't scared...lol. I am the cook for our tailgate group and no one goes away hungry when I am cooking. Lol. And if you do it's your own fault. Lol

jbeletti

Andy,

It would be cool to have an LA chapter. I understand your time off is limited to when your wife has off at school. Perhaps just one of those break times would be perfect timing for a rally :)

See you in Urbanna!