6 way leveling system on a new 3010

Can anyone tell me if this is a worthwile option ,the trailor will be built and i have included this in the options.I hope this is not overkill for a 3010 cyclone,I'm sure its a nice option but it is also pretty expensive.Any help greatly appreciated.The option can be deleted at this early stage

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your right about it being an expensive option.
But if it's within your budget you wont regret having it.
I have been using it for nearly four years and love it.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You can not go wrong with the auto level. I think 99% of us with this option would agree on that. The first time you don't have it and are on an unlevel side to side site and the guy next to you does have it, you'll wish you did. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Majestic

Ditto, not only the ease of setup, it is also better for my slides as everything is level, less binding. Heart option if you can afford it upfront, could have better resale so not a total loss.

Hippy

You can't go wrong. You'll love it. We have it on our Cyclone.
If you would really like to spoil yourself and can afford another option, add a hand held remote control. You can control the front landing gear, awning, sliders and outside light. Doesn't hurt to ask. I believe it comes standard with the new Bighorns.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We've had Levelup added to our Bighorn in 2009...when we ordered the Landmark in December 2012...it was the FIRST option checked off!! Never be without it again, and have never had a problem with either unit's system!

PickNorm

This sounds like a great option, but I'm afraid price would be a hold back..Especially here in Montana..The places here are really expensive ..Norm& Pick Leeper

danemayer

This sounds like a great option, but I'm afraid price would be a hold back..Especially here in Montana..The places here are really expensive ..Norm& Pick Leeper

Hi PickNorm,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining in the discussion.

Gary521

If you want to save some money, you can go with the self installed electric leveling system.

Miltp920

We had sticker shock over 6 pt as well. We love it. Push a button and watch the 5er level itself. This is a luxury. Hopefully it will pay forward at sell time. Plus, built in tire jack IF you have tire trouble. 6 pt will lift all axles off ground or just one side. you won't regret it if you can afford it. We also added slide toppers. Very nice option, dealer installed toppers.

pegmikef

It is considerably cheaper to have it installed when the unit is built than it is aftermarket. I had it installed as an option and then saw the after market costs in other threads on this forum. Scary.

Redrider007

Can't say I know a lot about them but I had a sales consultant at a dealership speak negatively about them-He said they work great on level ground but the shafts are small in diameter and tend to flex and put pressure on the orings which then leak. He actually took me over to a rig with it and pointed to the bottom of the jack and show me the hydraulic fluid on the ground. For that kind of money I will do without!!

Majestic

I would argue that statement, i have had mine fully extended on one side, nose almost on the ground, never had a problem, second rig with them, a must on any unit i own

Cjackg

Can anyone tell me if this is a worthwile option ,the trailor will be built and i have included this in the options.I hope this is not overkill for a 3010 cyclone,I'm sure its a nice option but it is also pretty expensive.Any help greatly appreciated.The option can be deleted at this early stage
This is a super valuable option even if you do not use the "automatic" feature... I would even leave off some other features to get this one!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Can't say I know a lot about them but I had a sales consultant at a dealership speak negatively about them-He said they work great on level ground but the shafts are small in diameter and tend to flex and put pressure on the orings which then leak. He actually took me over to a rig with it and pointed to the bottom of the jack and show me the hydraulic fluid on the ground. For that kind of money I will do without!!

That so called sales consultant sold you a bottle of snake oil. The systems rarely leak and they work great on uneven sites. I would never buy a rig without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seren

On a relatively level site, it takes all of a minute once I press "auto level". Only had one problem at a site that was not very level, but a few 2x6's took care of the problem. Would never purchase an RV without it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD