Central vac install

bigdob24

Just bought a Big Country 3070 RL and was wondering how hard it would be install a central vac unit
Anyone done this ?

scottyb

I installed one in my house when I built it and there is nothing to it. It just requires the tubing and a low voltage wiring to the receptacle(s). The power head just mounts wherever you want it and plugs into 110v. It would be nice if you could look at one that is installed already to see how it is mounted.

dbbls59

If you install one make sure it has a beater head. The one that came in my Big County did not and it is worthless.

porthole

Retired
If you install it yourself, something to consider is venting it to the outside. I did that on mine.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...ins?p=273968&highlight=central+vac#post273968

Bobemuzzy

I installed a Dirt Devil RV vacuum about 10 months ago and it works great. It has one air outlet that I installed in the staircase side panel. I put the vacuum unit in my basement and attached it to the ceiling. I plugged the unit into the outlet in my basement. The unit has enough hose to reach the front and the back of the RV. If you want me to take photos just let me know as a reply to this thread.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I installed a Dirt Devil RV vacuum about 10 months ago and it works great. It has one air outlet that I installed in the staircase side panel. I put the vacuum unit in my basement and attached it to the ceiling. I plugged the unit into the outlet in my basement. The unit has enough hose to reach the front and the back of the RV. If you want me to take photos just let me know as a reply to this thread.

Bob, it would be great to see pictures.

wdk450

I personally do not use my built-in vacuum cleaner (factory). I don't like the long, bulky hose. I found a plug-in vacuum like a Dustbuster a few years ago at Walmart for $19 that has a carpet head, a crevice tool, and a 2 foot extension handle. I get up most all of the crumbs and small debris off the carpet using the crevice tool and the extension handle, can do the counters and drawers with just the body and the crevice tool, and use that same set-up to vacuum out my truck.

Bobemuzzy

I took some photos of the Dirt Devil vacuum after installation. I hope the are helpful.
Photo1- All of the attachments.
Photo2- Shows where I installed the vacuum outlet into the side wall of the staircase.
Photo3- I installed a double hook in my front closet and I store all of the vacuum attachments and hose in the closet.
Photo4 & 5- Show the vacuum mounted to the ceiling in my basement and plugged into the outlet in the basement

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 100

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I took some photos of the Dirt Devil vacuum after installation. I hope the are helpful.
Photo2- Shows where I installed the vacuum outlet into the side wall of the staircase.
Photo3- I installed a double hook in my front closet and I store all of the vacuum attachments and hose in the closet.
Photo4 & 5- Show the vacuum mounted to the ceiling in my basement and plugged into the outlet in the basement

Thanks Bob!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Nice work! Ours was dealer installed with the port in the bottom riser, where that register is in yours (no register in ours). I like how you hang the hose and accessory bag. That would get it out of the "laundry chute (box)" and open that up for more storage.

Thanks for sharing your pix, I\ll be doing this install in our Silverado this year.