Slide Operation

Rob63

We have a new Trail Runner 27RKS and we were wondering how your slide operates compared to ours. Ours seems like it operates very slow. Almost stopping when sliding it out or in. Like the motor doesn't have enough power. Thinking that our battery might be low on juice, I hooked up our Duracell Power Pack that was freshly charged to compare. The slide operation was the same. Is it normal for these slides to operate so slowly? It was so bad that I was getting nervous thinking it was going to quit working with the slide partly deployed.

danemayer

Hi Rob63,

"Very slow" is relative. If you could time the operation and tell us how long it takes, responses might be more meaningful.

pegmikef

I think I would still suspect the battery. My experience with my battery pack is it doesn't seem to have the same amperage or boost as a regular battery. Is there any way you can hook up to shore power and try it.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Battery low on charge, a weak or bad cell, or bad/dirty connection. If the connections are clean and tight and you still have the same issue. Remove the battery and have it tested. If the trailer is new...have your dealer give you a new one.

Pcaprio

I have a 2013 Heartland Pioneer TB-27 that i purchased less than a year ago.
the slide-out twice now has stopped working.
battery has been checked and is good.
terminal connections are clean.
pulled switch and it looks good
under camper, the connections are good and tight.
slide still wont open
no click at motor either

123camper

When ever we operate our slides or jacks, I always make sure we are hooked up to shore power or to the truck with the engine running. Those motors seem to use a lot juice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob63

Once I plugged in at home (although only 15 amps), the slide works better. Certainly not a speed demon but slides in and out at a reasonable speed.

Pcaprio

I forgot to mention that my camper is hooked up to my garage on its own breaker and outlook.
slide still does not work

Pcaprio

Dave,
had battery checked. It is good.
put multimeter on circuit breaker bar, good to there.
put meter on wire connections at slide motor under camper, while family member hit slide switch.
no voltage.
either switch is bad, or wiring from bar breaker all the way to motor has a short.
gonna call switch manufacturer monday to check price of new switch and order it.
if still doesn't work, gonna call camping world for warranty repair

jimtoo

Did you check BOTH SIDES of all the breakers? One or two of the breakers may have a tiny reset button if no voltage on both terminals. Did you check to see if you had voltage at the switch itself? It has been known to have a fuse in the wire supplying the 12v to the switch. Very unusual for switch to be bad,, but it has happened.

Jim M

Pcaprio

I found the button on the breaker connected to the breaker bar.
i press the button and it wiggles as if it is busted. It doesnt feel like it is resetting.
so with this, i am assuming that the breaker is bad.
will need to call both campingworld and heartland for a replacement breaker tomorrow.

jbeletti

I found the button on the breaker connected to the breaker bar.
i press the button and it wiggles as if it is busted. It doesnt feel like it is resetting.
so with this, i am assuming that the breaker is bad.
will need to call both campingworld and heartland for a replacement breaker tomorrow.

The reset button should push in and stay in when reset. If it won't stay in, perhaps the over-current/short-circuit still exists. Or, as you said, maybe mechanically, the breaker is broken. Look for an RV dealer or West Marine or similar near you. Some auto parts stores may have them too.

Pcaprio

So I finally got a new breaker and replaced it.
i have 13v to both sides of the new breaker, but slide still doesnt work.
i checked the voltage on the wires at the slide-out motor and nothing there.

Any other suggestions?

thanks

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Did you check the voltage at the slide motor while the switch was engaged? I would think you need that to get any reading at the motor. You would also need to be very careful at that point. Don't want the slide moving right then. If so , then there probably a junction box with a loose connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk