Where is the splitter?

Just purchased a 2014 Silverado 35RES - We've always just used the locate cable available here at Emerald Cove/ParkerAZ. Been doing it that way since 1996! Decided to switch over to DirecTV as we already have an account with them at home. We are more the weekend warrior types. Here 5 days then back home for a month or so. Here lots during the hot summer! So we went with a tripod set up, HD dish, and 2 receivers (so we can watch different programming). We're here now - Just started this "little project" last night. Took a few hours to get the living room up and running. Mainly due to a Palm Tree!! Once we realized and moved the tri-pod our signals jumped into the high 90's and 100 and we were good to go. NOW we need to tackle the bedroom. My question is does anyone know where the splitter might already be? We need to replace it with this different splitter they provided us.

Hoping some one out there has done this before. I'm just trying to help relieve some frustration I know my husband is going to have in a few hours when he gets going on it again.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi joelandlorri.........Welcome to the Heartland family. The splitter your looking for is in the basement on the door side. Look for the cable connection. You will see a square black vent cover. Take that off and behind there is the splitter your looking for.
At least that is how my Silverado 32TS is set up.

danemayer

Just purchased a 2014 Silverado 35RES - We've always just used the locate cable available here at Emerald Cove/ParkerAZ. Been doing it that way since 1996! Decided to switch over to DirecTV as we already have an account with them at home. We are more the weekend warrior types. Here 5 days then back home for a month or so. Here lots during the hot summer! So we went with a tripod set up, HD dish, and 2 receivers (so we can watch different programming). We're here now - Just started this "little project" last night. Took a few hours to get the living room up and running. Mainly due to a Palm Tree!! Once we realized and moved the tri-pod our signals jumped into the high 90's and 100 and we were good to go. NOW we need to tackle the bedroom. My question is does anyone know where the splitter might already be? We need to replace it with this different splitter they provided us.

Hoping some one out there has done this before. I'm just trying to help relieve some frustration I know my husband is going to have in a few hours when he gets going on it again.

You have to use the satellite port(s) on the outside of the RV. Your rig may have 1 or 2 in which case the 2nd goes to the bedroom. Generally the cable input will not work because it goes through the TV signal booster which interferes with satellite signals. Also the standard splitters don't allow satellite frequencies to pass.

If you don't have an exterior satellite connection that goes to the bedroom, you'll probably need to run a new piece of coax. If you have a cable raceway at the top of the doorside cargo hatch, you can probably route it through there and up into the bedroom.

Alternatively, if you don't expect to use the cable TV any longer, and your TV signal booster is in the bedroom, you could disconnect the cable coax from the booster and use that cable for the bedroom satellite.

BigJim45 ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Thank you so much for the splitter location. You were right on the money! Found it within minutes! Our set up is a little different as I MUST also be able to tap into the park cable system so I can have internet. (self-employed and we work alot from here at the river). So what we did was..... We have 2 input connections outside 1 for park/cable and 1 for satellite. Our satellite run doesn't go to the bedroom. So we found the splitter in the basement behind the vent cover (right where BigJim45 said it would be!!!).... replaced with the higher frequency satellite splitter, moved the satellite cable from the satellite input to the park/cable input and BAM!!! both tv's running with DirecTV on 2 different receivers.... In addition we now have a satellite ready input in our basement/party pit. So basically our satellite is running through our park/cable connection by just changing the splitter.... AND to insure I can still work .... we ran a cable directly from the park input up through the battery box and into the basement (where there's power) and plugged directly into the modem and WIFI router and BAM AGAIN!!!! we got wireless internet.... Thanks for all the input! NOW I'm going to find the forum for NORCOLD Refrigerators... Because we took delivery with scratched panels... Dealer ordered new ones, we picked them up. Now we need to figure out HOW to replace them. (Our 5th wheel stays out here in storage so we couldn't take back to dealer for service work!).....