San Antonio Bedroom slide cable

blkdodge

At about 3am this morning I woke up to a sound kind of like dripping water but it wasn't a constant. It sounded like drip,drip drip then it would go faster then slow down, then stop. This lasted about 30 minutes then quit. Then all of a sudden a loud snapping sound, I thought maybe a mouse trap tripped or a bird flew into the window. But when daylight came around I walked outside and noticed the bedroom slide cable was sagging pretty good when it has always been tight. Now I haven't looked under the bed yet but does anyone have any ideas on how to repair this.

danemayer

We have some BAL slide manuals in the manuals section of the forum, including a service manual that shows how to adjust or if necessary replace cables. Here's a link. Hopefully these manuals will be for the slide room you have.

sengli

I have had mine apart to tighten the cables. It is easiest to access this stuff first by removing the bed. It sounds awful, but there really isnt that many screws holding it all in place. Chances are you didnt break the cables, you had a fitting or pulley come loose from the wall, or there are couplers that adjust...maybe one of those let go. That cable is very tough, I doubt you broke it. The main issue is where this hardware is bolted to the wall there isnt alot of "meat" there for the fasteners to get into. If the screws pulled out, it mgiht be tricky finding a spot to screw back into. You will need to dis-assemble to see what you have.