Where would be the best place to advertise our 5th wheel for sale?

I am not going to advertise it for sale here, I just would like to know where others have had good luck selling their Rv. Thank you

oldmannj

I haven't done it personally, but I've read some good stories about consigning your rig with a local dealer. They take a percentage from what I understand, BUT also do all the dirty work. You don't have to wait around for people that don't show up nor do you have to deal with finances. Another added advantage is their customers are actively seeking a rig and yours might be it. ED.

alex00

I listed my old unit on Craigslist for a fair price. I had several callers the next day, and the unit sold for full price in two days. I was also about $2K above what the local lots would consign for, $3K above their cash price, and $8K above my dealer's trade in offer. I was worried about Craigslist, but figured it was worth a shot. Do your homework to find the appropriate price, and post lots of photos. Good luck!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mine has been on Craigslist for several months. I've listed it at home in WI and then reposted it in FL all winter. I kept renewing the post but no serious callers. I recently posted it again in Wausau, WI Craigslist. Hopefully we'll get some interest. It's priced well below KBB and NADA.
I'll check with our local dealers when we get home and see how they work their consignments.

oldmannj

Mine has been on Craigslist for several months. I've listed it at home in WI and then reposted it in FL all winter. I kept renewing the post but no serious callers. I recently posted it again in Wausau, WI Craigslist. Hopefully we'll get some interest. It's priced well below KBB and NADA.
I'll check with our local dealers when we get home and see how they work their consignments.

Ray, I've read the post in here for your rig. I'm surprised it hasn't moved yet. You have nearly as much in mods as you have it listed for. If the timing were better we'd have already been talking. ED.

EandJ

Only responses I have ever gotten from Craigslist in the past were the scammers.

It's probably too far away from you, but I highly recommend PPL in Houston to sell your camper. They have a huge lot that is stuffed and they get a ton of business. We sold a very used 2006 SOB for way more (even after commission) than we ever thought we would. And it was only there about 3 weeks.

I would probably not buy a camper there - they price high enough to cover their 10% plus some - but they are able to get it. And I definately would RUN, not walk away from their service department.

But for selling purposes, I don't think they can be beat.

chiefneon

Howdy!

I'm not recommending them but Camping World wanted to take my 5er in on consignment and they advised there was no charge to do so. As for us we are in Texas and will use PPL instead.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon