4100 pin weight

RobP

Ok..... My new cyclone came off the line at 15900. Keep in mind I ordered it with 7000# axels. So let's say I put 3000#s of stuff in it.
If I use 20% of the 18900, am I safe to assume my pin weight will be in the neighborhood of 3800? My dually is rated for 4873 for cargo and I am figuring 200lbs for hitch, 180 for fuel, 175 for me, (wife will be following) and 200 more for my tools. That puts me at 4555. I realize the more in the garage the less pin weight but I'm not hauling any toys, that room will be an extra living room with reclining love seat and tv up by the sliding doors. I will have everything weighed once we get loaded up but I just wanted to make sure that what I am thinking is right?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
It will depend greatly on how your cargo and belongings are loaded. The more behind the axles the less pin weight.

oscar

I weighed myself the other day, with and without trailer.

Bedroom AC, three awnings, double door fridge, three tv's, porch package and garage beds. Other than that, garage empty, 15 gallons of gasoline, other tanks empty (including the hot water heater), 2 propane bottles-one full one empty, and very little "stuff" in there, as in fully unpacked from vacation….plates, forks and pots in the kitchen, a bunch of stuff in the forward storage area, that's about it.

Trailer weight: 17,040# Tongue weight: 3660# That's 21%…….

Yes, the options add up…..

scottyb

Rob, I have never weighed my truck w/o the 4100, so I don't know that number. I went across the scales at the Pilot up the road from you at 13 and 54. I had 67 gal diesel in the Titan fuel tank, around 2K in the garage, a full tank of water, and fuel cell, and my truck weighed 13320. I don't think you could load a Cyclone much heavier, so I look at this as a worst case scenario. BTW, what is you GVWR with the 7K axles?

RobP

scottyb, I'm not sure yet on the GVWR. The unit showed up with the sticker showing the axels 6k with a GVWR at 18k. The axles clearly show 7k. My dealer called his rep and it was a mistake so I'm waiting on Heartland to send a new sticker with the right GVWR. I'm assuming it will be 21k but we shall see.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think HL changes the GVWR sticker when you upgrade axles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

On previous posts where people have asked about upgraded axles, replies from Heartland General Managers have noted that the upgrade does not change the GVWR.