Picking up our 3650BH this weekend!

rjf199

After doing some research over the past several months, the wife and I have decided on the Gateway 3650BH. While I have camped out of a 23ft bumper pull camper, this 5th wheel will be a whole new experience for us. We are staying at the dealership overnight to get familiar with our unit. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Congratulations!
Take your time checking on how things work and look....I even sat on the floor in the living area...glad I did cuz I found something that needed attention from the dealer (if I had sat in the chairs/couch I would not have seen it). Check the heater even if it's warm out side...and the AC if it's cold. Also make sure there is propane in the tanks...you need to check the stove/oven and other items that use propane. Some people want to "cut corners" when they are doing their PDI but I don't recommend that route. "Play" with cabinets, doors, drawers....all of them. Just don't forget to latch them before you drive off!! Having the pamphlet with your rigs particulars (including photos) may be helpful as well. Are there batteries in the smoke/CO detectors?
Our dealer had an extensive list of things to be checked, and it was helpful. Ask for one.
Have fun with your "new toy"

danemayer

Understand what each switch does.
If there's a remote, check out all functions.
Find out where the bypass valves are for winterizing the water heater, and how to get antifreeze into the water system when winterizing.
If you have an icemaker, locate the water supply line cutoff valve.
Understand how to use the water heater on both electric and propane.
Understand the refrigerator modes and how to switch.
Understand how to set the propane regulator in order to remove/refill an empty tank.
Understand how to operate the auto-leveling, or regular landing gear depending what you have.
Bring a DVD to play.
Try the radio.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "condo on wheels". Like Don and Monica said, walk thru, switch every switch, pull every shade, open every draw and open every cabinet. Our new Landmark came in last week and we have been to the dealership already with pencil, paper, post-it notes and scotch tape. I have stuck notes numbering them and written down every finding both for the manager's list and a copy for me of findings so far. I numbered each note to the master list so there's not any questions about where or what this note is about. The dealership is pulling the camper into the PDI area next week to address every finding, hopefully ready for us to take home the end of next week. It's a very good idea to stay at the dealership overnight to investigate the coach without being pressured by a staff member.

Good luck and happy traveling.

GWRam

Congratulations!!! We love our 3650BH. If you have the residential frig option. Make sure the frig inverter works properly. Make sure 3650BH is running off battery only during the dealers inverter demo. You will be glad you did if yours is wired like ours was.

Turtlpwr

Congrats rjf99!! I also have the same unit and am pretty happy with the Heartland quality so far. In addition to what everyone else has already stated I would pay special attention to the shower track to make sure it is installed with the drain holes facing INWARDS towards the tub. Also verify that there is sufficient caulking on the outside of the shower track as water was leaking onto the bathroom floor. I have since added caulking. Make sure they go over the slide operation and ensure that none of the slides are causing damage to the flooring. Lastly verify that all of the doors close properly. A few of our door latches needed to be adjusted. Happy camping and enjoy your new home on wheels!!

Jared

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Medic403

Congrats on the new trailer. You will love it. Along with what everbody else has stated, you need to check the moulding around the ceilings, I found a few spots that they had to pop a few nails in before I left. Check all your drawers, even the bottoms of the drawers. We found a drawer bottom that had a hole in it in the kitchen. Good luck and enjoy!