Full timing (soon) with 3 yo and almost 1 yo!

Hi! I'm new to the forum- we recently purchased a 2011 Heartland Elkridge E26 and will be full timing as of May. We'll be parked for the first 5 weeks while my 3 yo finishes out the year in her nursery school... I have a ton of questions! Add to all of this, I just broke my foot... this is going to be interesting.

1) Does anyone here cloth diaper? My almost one year old is in diapers and planning to keep using cloth and washing in a bucket. I've watched videos on YouTube but wondering if anyone has first-hand experience... do you pour the waste water down your tub?

2) How do you manage the noise? My kids can be loud. I'm terrified everyone in the campground will hear them!

3) Any homeschoolers in here? We'll be doing a light version of homeschool starting in the fall.

4) I'm attempting to start a few businesses- a blog, (wayfaringmama.com) and an essential oils business. Plus I'll keep volunteering with a few orgs from the road. We've ordered a data card from Verizon for internet access but my husband will primarily need it for his work. How reliable are the wifis offered at most campgrounds?

I'm sure I"ve got more, but that's a good start! Thanks!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
As far as diaper water it would pour that down toilet but that is just me. As far as noise as long as it is not during quiet hours you should be ok.

Btw we are young full timers too but our kids have 4 legs. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocFather

I wll keep you in my prayers :cool: and I am thankful you are not trying to sail around the world in a 35' sailboat with a 3 yo and a 1 yo like I read in the paper this week. Ughhh!

oldmannj

http://crowdedcamper.com/ This is a blog that is written by a mom and her husband. Their situation is quite similar. Her name is Rebecca and she's a VERY nice lady. Read her blog and maybe get in touch, I'm sure she can help with a lot of your questions. ED. :angel:

danemayer

Hi WayfaringMama,

Campground WiFi is unpredictable. A few are good. Many have very poor performance. If you have a Verizon jet card, you should be ok but will have to manage your data usage. Working on email, blogs, forums is no problem, but forget about watching cat videos.

Mizmary

Hi! I'm new to the forum- we recently purchased a 2011 Heartland Elkridge E26 and will be full timing as of May. We'll be parked for the first 5 weeks while my 3 yo finishes out the year in her nursery school... I have a ton of questions! Add to all of this, I just broke my foot... this is going to be interesting.

1) Does anyone here cloth diaper? My almost one year old is in diapers and planning to keep using cloth and washing in a bucket. I've watched videos on YouTube but wondering if anyone has first-hand experience... do you pour the waste water down your tub?

2) How do you manage the noise? My kids can be loud. I'm terrified everyone in the campground will hear them!

3) Any homeschoolers in here? We'll be doing a light version of homeschool starting in the fall.

4) I'm attempting to start a few businesses- a blog, (wayfaringmama.com) and an essential oils business. Plus I'll keep volunteering with a few orgs from the road. We've ordered a data card from Verizon for internet access but my husband will primarily need it for his work. How reliable are the wifis offered at most campgrounds?

We are a military, full-timing, homeschooling family. Both of mine are out of diapers. I would dump waste water down the toilet. Does your camper have the capability to have a washer/dryer installed? I would consider that route as well if you are going to cloth diaper. I didn't cloth diaper - so I'm not sure about much else. We have been straight full timing for almost two years now. It hasn't always been easy, but we love it. We aren't very mobile though. As soon as we decided to move into the RV the military pretty much quit moving us. Oh well. We still love it!

We have been long term camping with kids since our seven year old was a year old (we move often and would stay in the camper for 2-4 months before leaving each duty station, and then until we could get into housing in the new area). As for the noise, the only place we have really worried about it was a very small military only campground full of retired folks. And then we put our baby to sleep by driving him. Every night. I don't recommend going that route. Our second was much quieter at bed time (didn't need to cry it out). Most of the time if you are inside with windows closed and neighbors have windows closed you can't hear much over any ambient noise. Most people are pretty understanding of kids as well. Just make sure they are quiet during quiet hours.

I will agree with the wifi in campgrounds being unreliable. We have a tmobile hotspot and both of us can connect. You should b okay as long as you don't try to stream video. That eats up the bandwidth pretty fast.

Use your outdoor space as much as possible!!

VKTalley

Someone already beat me to this but I also recomend getting in touch with Becky from Crowded Camper. She has two young ones (a bit older than yours) and they are living in their fifth wheel. I am a former homeschooler (both of mine are grown and gone from home) but I'll be glad to answer questions if I can.

johnpsz

It sounds like you are in a similar situation to us, we are looking to have a lot of the same questions answered, and I'm glad i found that link about to the crowded camper blog, I will send that to my wife. As for the home schooling piece, at least here in Oregon, there are home schooling programs that are online based so you still get some things taught by a teacher online and still have access to the standardized tests, and is all free under the public school system. Our kids are still too young (1yro in Aug, and 5yro in Dec) to take full advantage of it to give better feedback, but you might look into something similar where you are, I know my wife is interested in going this route with ours.