Fuel station pump problems

Hey All, I bought a 2012 Cyclone 3010 last month and need some help. When we did the walk through we tried to get the fuel pump to come on but no luck. We bought it anyway. I still have not been able to get the fuel pump to work. We called the previous owner and he said wiggle the switch on the pump and it sometimes works then hung up. The previous owners used the camper for 4 trips then put it up for sale so I am not sure they even used it. I can't get the fuel pump to come on at all, can't even hear it. I don't think it is working. :mad: Have these pumps had a problem? What am I missing? Have checked the fuse. It's good. What else? Thanks for the help. Driftertex

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
So just to be sure, you are first enabling the fuel system inside the rig first then going out to the fuel station and turning on the pump with the switch on the pump. The process is two steps. I'm on my mobile so unable to look to see if there is already a written document on this.

[UPDATE] SO I was able to look through the Owners manuals section and I did not find one for the fuel station.

in side the rig where all of your monitors and controls are there is a momentary switch ( red ) that will turn on the timer for the fuel pump. that needs to be enabled first to turn on the timer ( 15 minutes I believe ) the switch on the pumpstation is on/off.

let us know what you find with your system, if this helped or if in fact there are other issues.

and Welcome to the Heartland Family.

Last edited:

1231ChaseB

The first thing you have to do is make sure you have 12 volt right at the pump ! If you do then you might have to get the 2 gears out and rub them over some fine sand paper ! They claim that the gears seem to swell up and rub against the housing ???? I did this to mine and afterward it worked fine and still does ! It ain't really much of a job !
chaseb

scottyb

The first thing you have to do is make sure you have 12 volt right at the pump ! If you do then you might have to get the 2 gears out and rub them over some fine sand paper ! They claim that the gears seem to swell up and rub against the housing ???? I did this to mine and afterward it worked fine and still does ! It ain't really much of a job !
chaseb

When my gears were swollen, my pump immediately blew the fuse and a few replacements, as soon as I flipped the switch. Once you establish that you have 12V at the pump, remove the gears and see if the shaft will spin when you turn on the pump. If it does, then it is the gears. You can sand them down or call the pump dealer, and they will send you the revised gears, made of a different composite material.

Hey all, Yes , I turn the switch on inside the RV. Then go out and turn the switch at the pump. Nothing. When we tried it at the walk through the fuse was blown. We replaced the fuse and still nothing. I will check to see if I am getting 12V at the pump but I am wondering if it is the gears, as I have read on here. But I am unsure how to disassemble the pump to check the gears. Do I remove the whole pump? Where do I start? Thanks , Steve

scottyb

Hey all, Yes , I turn the switch on inside the RV. Then go out and turn the switch at the pump. Nothing. When we tried it at the walk through the fuse was blown. We replaced the fuse and still nothing. I will check to see if I am getting 12V at the pump but I am wondering if it is the gears, as I have read on here. But I am unsure how to disassemble the pump to check the gears. Do I remove the whole pump? Where do I start? Thanks , Steve

Yes. I have the same pump as posted by Silverado23. On mine there are two screws mounting it to the compartment wall. Then there are 4 cap screws for the gear cover plate. The gears just slide off the motor shaft. Be careful not to lose the drive key.

whp4262

Loosen the cover bolts over the pump gears. If the pump runs then the gears have swollen. GPI will send you a new set of gears if that is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk