Day night shades?

wingfoot

I need to make a repair to one of my day/night shades. I have a string that has untied in the header. To get to the shade I need to take the valance off. I cannot figure out how to remove the valance. I can't seem to see how it's attached. If anyone has had experience removing the valance please advise me how you did it. It obviously appears to be screwed to the wall...but I can't see the screws. If I could just remove the top valance that will allow me to gain access to the shade.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Larry

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The valence in my North Trail has screws driven in at an angle from below. Some of the screws were hidden by the cloth of the valence.

dbbls59

Mine are held up with screws up from underneath. As Silverado stated, the screws may be hidden by the cloth. The vertical part also has screws on the inside through the material into the wall. Mine were near the bottom.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If you still have trouble finding the hidden magnets a stud finder that detects metal or even a magnet can be helpful in locating the hidden screws. A strong flashlight helps. A small hole in the fabric was what I found as an indicator for hidden screws.

Dr.Dave

We just bought a new 3585RL, and on the 100-mile drive home, a valance/roll-up shade assembly came loose and was barely hanging on. I removed it the rest of the way and am currently pondering how to re-mount the assembly. It almost looks like the screws didn't go through the wood part of the valance at all - rather, they were just twisted through the fabric on the inside of the valance. Very odd.

Anyone here ever heard of this happening before, or have any suggestions on the best way to re-attach the valance and shades?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just bought a new 3585RL, and on the 100-mile drive home, a valance/roll-up shade assembly came loose and was barely hanging on. I removed it the rest of the way and am currently pondering how to re-mount the assembly. It almost looks like the screws didn't go through the wood part of the valance at all - rather, they were just twisted through the fabric on the inside of the valance. Very odd.

Anyone here ever heard of this happening before, or have any suggestions on the best way to re-attach the valance and shades?

While replacing the pleated day/night shades with MCD Blinds I had to remove the valances. Several of them had screws only through the fabric. Just remount them, screwing them in show they will hold. Some of my valances had screws through the top of the valance into a cabinet bottom.

Dr.Dave

While replacing the pleated day/night shades with MCD Blinds I had to remove the valances. Several of them had screws only through the fabric. Just remount them, screwing them in show they will hold. Some of my valances had screws through the top of the valance into a cabinet bottom.

Thanks for the info! Did you try to find a "stud" to screw them into, or just go into the wallboard?