Cyclone 4000...

sbuckman

is now sitting in the driveway! Have to say so far we really love this cyclone. The one thing so far that is so disappointing is, is how filthy the unit was in regard to construction dirt everywhere. Went to make the Happy Jac bed up and there was a ton of saw dust all over the top and under the mattress. When you pay this kind of $$ for a unit, you wouldn't think it would be too much to expect that a vacuum could be ran before the mattress is thrown in because the wood chips and dust were ground into the cover and had to be picked out by hand.

We have had it for 2 days and it is driving us nuts waiting for camping season!

jimtoo

Your dealer gets a PDI benefit and is the one responsible for cleaning the unit up before you take delivery. Evidently your dealer did not do a good job and you missed it when you did your PDI. I'm not sure how the wood chips and dust could be ground into the cover, unless this is a used unit and the bed had been slept in. I will say the factory leaves a lot of stuff, but it usually behind the walls or in the underbelly.

Is this a used unit or new? You signature is listing a 2011.

alex00

is now sitting in the driveway! Have to say so far we really love this cyclone. The one thing so far that is so disappointing is, is how filthy the unit was in regard to construction dirt everywhere. Went to make the Happy Jac bed up and there was a ton of saw dust all over the top and under the mattress. When you pay this kind of $$ for a unit, you wouldn't think it would be too much to expect that a vacuum could be ran before the mattress is thrown in because the wood chips and dust were ground into the cover and had to be picked out by hand.

We have had it for 2 days and it is driving us nuts waiting for camping season!

Congrats. We had the same kind of dirtiness in the hard to see areas. For the most part the trailer was clean, but under the top mattress and inside a few cupboards we found the chips. Don't forget to run your furnace before the first trip. If the dealer didn't vacuum under the bunk mattress, they probably didn't run your furnace to burn off the oil.

Enjoy the new trailer.

sbuckman

Thanks everyone, will try to get some pictures posted. This is a brand new unit. And no offense to the fellas, but it is 'fellas' that do all the PDI's... vacuuming is not usually a fella's top priority generally speaking ;) but the areas we found the mess is the mattresses and drawers etc... They did do all the main things making sure all the functional things worked and did a thorough PDI. The dealership here is extremely busy but were very attentive to our questions and needs.

Mark-Mullin

When a unit leaves the factory the mattress and bed cover are still in plastic so it should be the dealer cleaning it, including the vacuuming. At least that's what I think the dealer makes it presentable for show on his lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was fortunate that at least bed was in tact and clean upon delivery in March 2013, but did find wood chips all over unit. I luv my cyclone 4000, but now it's time to replace mattress as springs have failed in center and i sort of just sleep in cravass. I went to sleep number but, while quite sufficient, bit pricey, for this retired deputy sheriff. I was looking for replacement suggestions from you pros and do not want memory foam, been there done that, toooooo hot! Any help appreciated.

If i might take a moment to vent on totally unrelated subject. My factory warranty ended in March 2014, so when i took my unit to Camping World in June for yearly 22 pt inspection and couple minor awnings problems, the dealer contacted factory with pics of wobbly end piece and they refused to honor cause warranty expired. O.k., while understand one yr warranty disclosure, i asked to contact extended warranty group since i had purchased 2yr extended warranty. They also refused saying they didn't understand why i had 2014 unit not covered under warranty. My confusion is why does the factory label a unit ordered in Feb. '13, as a 2014 model, when the warranty runs out before year 2014 hardly even starts? My awning still isn't fixed, the mechanic stating something about set screws being too short from factory and needing replacement with longer screws. Well, when i find high enough ladder, will get up there myself and figure it out what is going on as camping world told me not to extend awning as it might fall apart. Geez, they didn't even get my 22 pt inspection done, lol...thx for listening, from beautiful Heber City, Utah RV park...

danemayer

i asked to contact extended warranty group since i had purchased 2yr extended warranty. They also refused saying they didn't understand why i had 2014 unit not covered under warranty. My confusion is why does the factory label a unit ordered in Feb. '13, as a 2014 model, when the warranty runs out before year 2014 hardly even starts?
Jimmie,

Your extended warranty company needs some pushback.

Here's a simple example: Suppose in April 2014 you bought a 2012 model that was brand new still sitting on the dealer lot. Based on model year, their coverage would expire before you took delivery.

Their coverage is not based on the model year and they know it. It's based on date of purchase. You can be sure that 2 years and 1 day from date of purchase, their 2 year policy will expire and they will forget all about model years.

Thanks for backup Dan, but when i tried EWG again, they said problem with main awning was not covered in extended warranty, it was normal wear and tear. I said, After 1 year?, for real? no luck, so will just try to fix myself. The old adage of not buying extended warranties came back to bite me this time.

danemayer

Thanks for backup Dan, but when i tried EWG again, they said problem with main awning was not covered in extended warranty, it was normal wear and tear. I said, After 1 year?, for real? no luck, so will just try to fix myself. The old adage of not buying extended warranties came back to bite me this time.
Jimmie,

Since you didn't tell us what the awning problems were, we can't comment on whether the 2nd response was appropriate. If you care to share the name of the extended warranty company you're dealing with, it might help other people make decisions in the future.