Thermostat location

BobX2

The position of the thermostat in the XLT series could be improved I think. Don't know if other models are similar. The floor heat register is pretty much right below the t-stat, so when the furnace is running, the warm air blows right up at it. I think we can all see the issue with that. Seems that they could have changed the location of one or the other of them. Really not a complaint, just something that could be improved upon.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not familiar with your floor plan, but relocating it may be an option. Or replace the register with a closeable one. A deflector may also help.

Kinda like putting a house thermostat directly across from the fireplace. Not a great idea.

BobX2

A deflector really isn't an option as the register is right in the middle of the floor between the end of the bed and the steps and the water closet door. Also don't want to close it off as it is the only one in the front area of the camper. The only other two are in the rear in the living room area. Seems a little odd to only have three outlets, two of them right together in the rear of the unit, and a 35,000 BTU furnace. It warms up fine, just seems a little odd to me. Just a little more thought in the design process would have easily cured this. On a positive note, the unit is well insulated and the furnace isn't going to be running much. :)

donr827

I was having the same problem and just learned to adjust the set temp to get the temp I want in the trailer itself. There is a limited amount of wall space to mount a t stat on our floor plan.
Don