Does your 17.5 wheels look anything like this?

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I bought these from Tredit Tire and had 215/75R 17.5 Sailun's mounted on them and I am concern about how the lip of the rim sticks out. What do you think?

Cjackg

How much for the full set of 17.5 wheels and tires?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MrRvGypsy

That sure is one odd looking rim contour. My 17.5 inch rim edge blends into the tire and creates the illusions of no tire bead. I'm curious how the Sailun's perform. They are very price competitive and seems like they have good specifications.

porthole

Retired
My 17.5's are not like that at all. But it looks like nothing more then aesthetics. But they certainly look more susceptible to damage from "close encounters"

Gary521

Perhaps a call back to Tredit will solve the mystery. I have never seen anything like this.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'm no tire/wheel expert, but I also don't like the look of those. Is it possible you ordered 17.5" tires and wheels and somehow got wheels for an 18"? A call to the supplier is in order to be sure.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Yea had I known about the lip of the wheel I may have done something different, Ill have to be careful and live with it. It was the only 17.5 wheel that Tredit tire offered and was down at Heartland getting my frame flex fixed so with not have to pay shipping on the wheels I have a total of 954.01 in the wheels lug nuts valve stems and center hubs. I am returning the center hubs because I don't like the looks of them, gonging to use my old ones, so Ill get a 107.00 credit their. I bought the tires from a local tire suppler for 165.00 a piece, so balance mounted out the door I have total of 1,716.82 mines the 107.00 for the return of the center hub caps, and I should get 500.00 for my old tire and rims on craiglist should come out pretty good on the grade

MaryandSteve

Past Indiana Chapter Leader (Founding)
That sure is one odd looking rim contour. My 17.5 inch rim edge blends into the tire and creates the illusions of no tire bead. I'm curious how the Sailun's perform. They are very price competitive and seems like they have good specifications.
My Bighorn came with Sailuns on it with 7K axles. They have preformed well for 2 years. about 9000 miles on them and they still look good.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Never mind my previous post, I see they are different now.

But that tire mounting doesn't look right.