Suspension upgrade

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We just finished upgrading the suspension on our 2013 Landmark San Antonio. We now have the Mor-Ryde IS (Independent Suspension) 8K, with disc brakes and never lube bearings. Mor-Ryde in Elkhart IN did the upgrade. They are a class act. Our thanks to Sergio who did the work. It took two days. This is the 2nd Landmark we had this done to and what a difference. The electric/hydraulic disc brakes really do the job in stopping and the IS makes a great difference in riding the crappy roads this country has. BTW Elkhart has some of the largest assortment of pot holes in that we have experienced. Congratulations Elkhart Indiana in winning the award (I am giving it to you) for the title of Pothole Capital of the United States. Thank you Mor-Ryde. You folks are the best. P.S. It was great getting time to visit with Gary Wheeler and Todd of Mor-Ryde.

MrRvGypsy

We too just had Sergio at Mor Ryde install the IS system with Dexter disc brakes this past Monday and Tuesday. He and Todd were very thorough and explained everything as we went along making sure we were comfortable with all decisions made.
Did you get the 8K axles with the #11 rubber shear springs?
I would highly recommend Mor Ryde to anyone that needs suspension or brake work done.
Towing home from Elkhart, IN to Sarnia, ON all the way up I69 was horrible even with the IS system still causing my recliners to bounce around and containers and dishes to move inside the pantry still bouncing around.
We hit one humongous section of broken heaved concrete across our whole lane that virtually launched the truck and trailer into the air. I hate Michigan's concrete roads.
I installed Firestone Ride Rite airbags this weekend to get the truck off the overload springs and hopefully the trailer a softer ride on the trucks fifthwheel pin. The unit I traded which weighed about 15K lbs to buy the Landmark had the same floorplan but the recliners never moved. Not sure if the axle placement, or the pin weight percentage was different.
I see you have the Trailer Saver TS2 hitch which I am considering as well.
That said I love the braking power of the disc brakes. I was running the 2010 Ford IBC at 10 with the electric drum brakes and now I have it set at 6.5 with hydraulic disk brakes.
The 1-2 sec brake actuation delay is a bit unnerving, but I 'm sure I will get used to it.
When you got your first hydraulic disc brake unit how long did it take for you to adapt to the delay.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

You can minimize the delay by increasing the brake line size to 1/4 in from the controller back to the split to the wheels.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Had Sergio and Todd two weeks ago during my upgrade to IS and Disc brakes. Yes, they are a class operation over there at MorRyde and we love our new suspension and brake systems.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Yes we have the delay also but you get used to it. Don't even think about it now. We had the same setup (IS, Disc Brakes, never lube bearings) on our 2007 Landmark and loved it. The TS3 Trailer Saver hitch helps the bouncing (from the roads) also. The hitch is pricy but worth it with the built in air bags and shocks on the hitch. BTW the Landmark is slightly 'Pin heavy'. Yes we went from the 7k axles to the 8k setup. We also have the 17.5 wheels with Goodyear 115 H rated tires.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had the Mor/Ryde system in June 2009. One thing I learned the hard way is to grease the suspension every 6,000 miles. I found out that the bushings are a fiber bushing and needs to be greased quite often. The bushings had wore out in one year..

I now use the following recommended grease.
IMG_0654M.jpg

Here's what the bushings look like new and worn out. BTW Mor/Ryde replace the bushing for free.
IMG_0084M.jpg IMG_0086M.jpg

FWIW
BC