Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Low-hanging underbelly

1. Print this Post   #11
    New York Chapter Leaders - retired murry135's Avatar

Re: Low-hanging underbelly

I am a bit confused where the water is in your underbelly. Front of wheels, could be grey water tank issues and if it is on top and rear of tires it is fresh water. I had problems in both areas. Front area was from road water spray coming off TV tires. Rear area was from over flow lines which pulled back into frame and dumped water into under belly. Have you filled and travelled with fresh water tank filled? If not then it is not your fresh water tank.
    Darling wife "Colleen"
    3 wonderful kids; Rinne, Jaimee and Joe
    Faithful Companion; Samson (Rottie) RIP-Hanna 2003-2017
    2012 Ford F350 SD DRW Lariat Ultimate Package, Golden Bronze, Crew Cab, 6.7L Diesel 4WD, American Truck Workbox Bed Cover, Air Lifter 5000 Air bags with wireless remote fill, Reese Elite Series 18K for Ford factory prep 5th wheel in bed package, MOR/ryde HD Hitch, MOR/ryde IS w/Disc Brake package,Thousand Trails member

Rallies:
    2014 - April Summit Outting, NJ Rally, National Rally Urbanna VA, Ontario Canada Chapter Rally, Northeast Region Rally, PA Rally, MD Rally and NY Rally.
    2015 - Spring Kickoff Rally Lancaster, National Rally Goshen IN, Maryland Rally Woodbine MD, Northeast Rally Copake NY, NY Rally Verona NY.
    2016 - Spring Kickoff Campout Lancaster, Mifflinberg PA, Ontario Canada, Cherry Hill MD, Northeast Region Rally New Holland PA and Lake George NY.
    2017 - Gettysburg PA, National Rally Elkhart IN,

2. Print this Post   #12

PegMikeF, I haven't looked for my tank overflows yet.
    Murry135, the water in my underbelly was in front of the axels, and it was exactly where it was hanging down where a couple screws had broke off in front of the tires. Looks like they were that way from factory. We pulled home in a snow/rain storm so I am hoping it is rain. We literally just picked it up from the dealer a couple weeks ago and have not had it out. As far as I know the fresh water was never filled, or the grey tanks. Maybe they did at the dealership but I doubt it.
    i just need to poke a hole or two and monitor it I think. I gathered some ideas on it though so I'm glad I asked, but honestly I hadn't done much digging or monitoring yet.
    2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic CCLB
    16k PullRite Super5th
    2015 Silverado 37QB

3. Print this Post   #13

SD,
    Sounds like water infiltrated from road and tire spray. My recommendation is if you can take it to dealer to open and reseal for warranty purpose or if you want just drop a section of coroplast let it dry out and the replace and seal with black silicone caulking and if needed black expanding foam insulation. Make sure it is sealed all around front section.

Murry135
    Darling wife "Colleen"
    2012 Ford F350 SD DRW Lariat Ultimate Package, Golden Bronze, Crew Cab, 6.7L Diesel 4WD, American Truck Workbox Bed Cover, Air Lifter 5000 Air bags with wireless remote fill, Reese Elite Series 18K for Ford factory prep 5th wheel in bed package, MOR/ryde HD Hitch, MOR/ryde IS w/Disc Brake package,Thousand Trails member

Rallies:
    2014 - April Summit Outting, NJ Rally, National Rally Urbanna VA, Ontario Canada Chapter Rally, Northeast Region Rally, PA Rally, MD Rally and NY Rally.
    2015 - Spring Kickoff Rally Lancaster, National Rally Goshen IN, Maryland Rally Woodbine MD, Northeast Rally Copake NY, NY Rally Verona NY.
    2016 - Spring Kickoff Campout Lancaster, Mifflinberg PA, Ontario Canada, Cherry Hill MD, Northeast Region Rally New Holland PA and Lake George NY.

4. Print this Post   #14

Is your coroplast sealed to the frame? Mine is definitely not. Maybe the foil insulating layer is somewhere above it but my coroplast is not. Just some self-tapping screws with large washers are holding it to the bottom of the frame.
    Curious what others have?
    16k PullRite Super5th
    2015 Silverado 37QB

5. Print this Post   #15

Quote Originally Posted by SDfromSD View Post
    Is your coroplast sealed to the frame? Mine is definitely not. Maybe the foil insulating layer is somewhere above it but my coroplast is not. Just some self-tapping screws with large washers are holding it to the bottom of the frame.
    That's the way they are all held up TEC screws and fender washers.
    Patti & Jon Holbert
    PJ (Welsh Springer Spaniel rescue)
    Freckles (Welsh Springer Spaniel)RIP
    Erie,Pa.
    Heartland Owners Club #1025
    2009 BH 3370 #9E012371 Sailun S637's on 17.5 in Mod Wheels,8K Hubs, Mor-Ryde Independent Suspension, Disc Brakes, Reese Fifth Airborne, Level-up,LED Lights,awning on slideout and BU lights
    2019 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Limited, DRW, 4X4,4.10 LS Gears,40K GCWR, CC, LB,Dual Moon Roofs, Cameras, Adaptive Cruise
    2015 Explorer XLT Sport, 4X4, Dual Moon Roofs, 20" Wheels.
    08 Branson,MI,Rallys
    09 Goshen,PA,MO Rallys
    10 East Coast,PA,OH,Nashville,NY,ON,Illinois Rallys
    11 Cherokee,NJ,PA,Goshen,Delaware,Illinois,NY, Rallys
    12 Virginia Beach,PA,NY,WI,MI, Illinois,Minnesota Rallys
    13 Gettysburg, Goshen, NY, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa Rallys
    14 Urbanna, Va.,ON,PA.,Illinois, NY. Rallys
    15 Goshen,NE Regional,NY, PA, Illinois, Rallys
    16 Lancaster, SE, SC,NC,NE Regionals, ON, VA, PA, NY Rallys
    17 VA,Goshen,IL,WI,OH,MD,NJ,NY Rallys
    18 NE Regional, NY Rally

6. Print this Post   #16

After I found water from tire/road spray I had dealership reseal and add more TEC screws to make it more secure and hopefully more water tight.
    Darling wife "Colleen"

Rallies:

7. Print this Post   #17

Quote Originally Posted by SDfromSD View Post
    SDfromSD my coroplast is fastened the same way and is not sealed to the frame.

8. Print this Post   #18

Thank you all for your input, glad I am not missing a bunch of sealant. I did add a couple screws to that area but will still probably put a hole or two in the coroplast for remaining water, then monitor it this weekend.
    16k PullRite Super5th
    2015 Silverado 37QB

9. Print this Post   #19
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

Many of us have experienced the 'water in the underbelly' syndrome. When driving in the rain the tires kick up water which will find its way in any little opening in the underbelly. It will then cause the underbelly to sag until the water is drained or evaporates. Trying the best the seal it is the best solution. The foil looking stuff above the 'coroplast' is just foil insulation. Some units have fiberglass batt type insulation above the foil. Making a drain hole in the coroplast to drain the water is the solution many of us have done.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

10. Print this Post   #20

We have 14 Silverado 35SE That has a problem with the Black Water Flush. The fitting going into the tank was cracked. If you let black tank get more than half full you have more than just water in there. Dealer ordered new tank and installed it and guess what the fitting is leaking. Not broken this time just not properly sealed when assembling it from the factory. Not a very happy camper right now. My fresh water tank has 2 over flow pipes coming out under the slides they are both red pipes coming out of the frame under the slides. I filled my blank tank up full into the toilet and let it sit for a couple hours and came back only to find the water level was not there confirming my suspitions of a leak in the tank. Hope some of this helps with you figure out your situation?

Scott & Kelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast