Low-hanging underbelly

Garypowell

I just found water in my underbelly yesterday. We have had this foul smell coming up out of the kitchen island ....under the sink. Previously I had reset the sink drains and pipe joints and replaced the vacuum breaker thinking this would solve the problem....but the smell continued.

Cut into the underbelly yesterday and a little water came out. Wiped everything down and cannot find a leak....my guess is road water. With some of the mods I have done I have cut the underbelly in several places and thought I had sealed it good enough....but maybe not enough. I know realize I can see right up to the sink from under the unit....so this collection of water was easily the source of the smell. I will get some foam and seal the hole tonight.

My question....On several of these kinds of threads I have seen a particular kind of tape suggested to use on the coroplast to seal it back up.....can someone respond again with the name of it and where you got it?

I am going to leave the belly open for a couple of days to dry out....and keep looking for any leak....there was just so little water (but smelly enough) that I don't think I have a serious problem.....just a cut up underbelly.

Thanks,