We just pulled the trigger on our new Gateway 3650BH

swiftk77

I just sent a check to Great Lakes RV Center in Elkhart, IN for our new Gateway 3650BH and will be waiting impatiently for another week to delivery of it in Colorado. It certainly feels weird to pay this much money for a trailer that I have never walked through, but there were no 3650BH's in Colorado for sale and the price from Great Lakes RV was thousands of dollars cheaper (even after having an LP generator installed) so we decided to buy out of state. I sure hope this is the floor plan that we want; otherwise it's too late now. This is a huge upgrade from our Northtrail 31QBS TT and know that it will get a ton of use this summer and beyond! I am sure that I will have some questions about this time next week, so please stay tuned. If there are any prospective buyers out there that have questions, please let me know and I'll answer your questions the best I can. I'm also happy to take measurements and pictures if you need a close-up of anything...

Thanks for your future support - Ken

swiftk77

It's too late now, but does anyone no for sure if the slides are all on one switch and if they are hydraulic or electric? If they are electric then I may try to add some switches; otherwise I'll just have to live with it. Seems stupid to have to open all five slides at a rest area to eat lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Patience Grasshopper. Buying out of state makes sense sometimes so don't worry. (we saved 20%)

Try posting your old Northtrail locally with 'pics' on EBay/Craigslist/free ads/ad here. We sold ours in a week. It should sell fast for the right market price.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulation on your new "condo on wheels". It's always uncomfortable when you are getting something that you didn't physically touch but lots of folks buy cross state lines. Our local dealer had someone from CA buy a coach off their lot and drove cross country to get it. Enjoy and travel safely.

swiftk77

We sold or northtrail in a weekend so we had no troubles getting rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrumpyOneandTwo

I went to the Heartland RV website and looked at the pictures for the 3650 BH. It shows two slide out switches on the wall by the entry door and a slide out switch on the bedroom wall. So it appears they all have their own switch. I have a 2013 Gateway 3200 RS and my slide outs are electric, so I am pretty sure yours will be also.

Hope this helps.

Mike

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Also purchased from Great Lakes. Live in PA. A little more paperwork, but worth the savings.

ENJOY!!

GWRam

Our 2014 3650BH has one slide switch. All 5 on one hydraulic system. I just read a post by Kahoney that they ordered theirs with separate switches/valves. I would love to have the individual slide controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Munruben

I hope you have your new trailer by now and enjoying it. If it makes you feel any better about buying interstate, try buying international. I am having a Northtrail built and shipped to Australia. Can't wait to see it and hope it is built well with no hiccups.

jbeletti

I hope you have your new trailer by now and enjoying it. If it makes you feel any better about buying interstate, try buying international. I am having a Northtrail built and shipped to Australia. Can't wait to see it and hope it is built well with no hiccups.

Is your selling dealer in the U.S.? If so, I suggest you insist they do a very, very thorough PDI on it. They should dewinterize it, plug it into AC power, hookup the water, put the anode rod in and try absolutely everything. They should touch up anything needing it. They should then very carefully re-winterize it. That's what I'd want to see done with my unit before I imported it into another country. By doing this, you've done all you can do to ensure when it leaves the U.S., that it's as good as it can be.

Munruben

Is your selling dealer in the U.S.? If so, I suggest you insist they do a very, very thorough PDI on it. They should dewinterize it, plug it into AC power, hookup the water, put the anode rod in and try absolutely everything. They should touch up anything needing it. They should then very carefully re-winterize it. That's what I'd want to see done with my unit before I imported it into another country. By doing this, you've done all you can do to ensure when it leaves the U.S., that it's as good as it can be.

Thanks Jim. Yes the Dealer is Camping World in Valencia, CA. The unit is getting shipped there so they can do the PD before it goes onto the ship. Any other advice you suggest I take?

jbeletti

Thanks Jim. Yes the Dealer is Camping World in Valencia, CA. The unit is getting shipped there so they can do the PD before it goes onto the ship. Any other advice you suggest I take?

No other ideas here as I've never imported an RV. Maybe you can ship the dealer a GPS tracker to put in the RV so you can track it? Wishing you all the best!

HornedToad

before it goes onto the ship.Any other advice you suggest I take?

This WOULD NOT apply to Australia... (bad advice for you, but a consideration if you live in the US)

On the topic of shipping an RV, if you have it insured on a Personal Auto Policy, that policy would provide coverage in transit between US and Canadian ports.
If you ever ship an RV, check with your auto insurance agent before you pay any additional cost to the shipper for a cargo type policy.

"Policy Period and Territory
A. This policy applies only to accidents and losses which occur:
1. During the policy period as shown in the Declarations; and
2. Within the policy territory.
B. The policy territory is:
1. The United States of America, its territories or possessions;
2. Puerto Rico; or
3. Canada.
The policy also applies to loss to, or accidents involving, your covered auto while being transported between their ports."

"G. "Your covered auto" means:
3. Any trailer you own."
for Liability
"shown in the Declarations" or "acquired during the policy period; and notify us within 30 days after you become the owner." with Coverage for Damage to your Auto.

UPDATE: The terms above are from the Texas Personal Auto Policy, on the ISO form used by most other states you only have 14 days the notify on a newly acquired or replacement trailer to have coverage from the date of purchase.

Last edited:

jimtoo

I would like to see a Heartlander that is near the Camping World in Valencia, CA do a PDI for you before it is shipped or loaded on the ship. I would not hold the person responsible for anything, but just to have an individual look it over that is not connected with the dealer to make sure everything is in good order and everything works.

Munruben

I would like to see a Heartlander that is near the Camping World in Valencia, CA do a PDI for you before it is shipped or loaded on the ship. I would not hold the person responsible for anything, but just to have an individual look it over that is not connected with the dealer to make sure everything is in good order and everything works.

Great idea Jim.. I am feeling very vaunerable especially since the trailer is so far away.. I am writing a list for the pd guys to follow and hope this helps them in some way.

Munruben

I have some exciting news that our trailer has arrived.. I believe the guys from Camping World are going over the unit and fixing any problems (if any) it might have. Exciting times ahead..
Would love to see some photo's if anyone is stopping by the store..