Switch / Command area

OBX_Raineys

I have a Sundance 2014 3310MKS. Overall I am thrilled with this unit. One major improvement I see would be to have the control panel that houses the majority of the switches and battery / tank indicators placed in a more user friendly area. Having it in such a low area makes it hard to see and access. Other than aesthetics, is there a reason its on the floor level? I'm 45 and don't mind getting down on a knee to turn stuff on, but I can see anyone with bad knees, etc. having a challenge. Also would like to see all of the switches labeled from the factory.

RAHanock

I agree. Not the best location. I usually access the switches from outside so I don't have to bend over.

I also moved the main cabin light switch to just under the counter by the door (easy to do) and used a larger rocker switch so that it is easier to operate. We love it there.

BobX2

I find it kind of convenient to be able to access the monitoring panel from outside the door when filling or emptying the tanks. Nice to not have to walk inside with less than sanitary shoes while doing these tasks. I also stand outside while extending or retracting the awning so I can keep an eye on things, so it works out well for that switch as well. I agree that it would be nice to have the light switches mounted in a more conventional location. That being said, at least they have light switches. I have been in a few Keystone rv's that had no light switches at all, other than the rocker switch on the light fixture.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I have a Sundance 2014 3310MKS. Overall I am thrilled with this unit. One major improvement I see would be to have the control panel that houses the majority of the switches and battery / tank indicators placed in a more user friendly area. Having it in such a low area makes it hard to see and access. Other than aesthetics, is there a reason its on the floor level? I'm 45 and don't mind getting down on a knee to turn stuff on, but I can see anyone with bad knees, etc. having a challenge. Also would like to see all of the switches labeled from the factory.

In the Cyclone it is a little better but it is also behind a door for esthetics. But that acuatlly makes turning the lights on more difficult. I simply moved all of the light switches to a common area at a standard height and used home switches rather than the small rocker switches....

Works well and looks good, I think. It still does not address the location of all the other controls though.