Gateway mattress

barbmora

Our Mattress is very uncomfortable. We have storage underneath which is divided into two sections with a support down the middle. So when your in bed and this is on each side you feel like you are in a hole. When you lay in the middle you don't go down. Not sure how to fix.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure that it is the support of the platform or is the mattress shot?
We spend several thousand dollars for our beds in our houses. These RV mattresses are $200 items. They don't last long.
With no bedding on the mattress can you see two indentations in the mattress? If so I suspect it is time for a replacement.
You could always try to add some support under the platform if you suspect that is the problem.

Peace
Dave

barbmora

Thanks Dave! It's the mattress that came with our Gateway. Yes It's the platform. I thought if I purchased a better mattress that might do the trick or put a extra board underneath the mattress. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this and how they solved the problem.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
No problem with our platform, but we did put a 3" gel infused foam topper on our mattress. The difference has been like night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redtrk

We ordered a Sleep Number mattress for our camper since we have one at home and love it. If came in yesterday so I hope to install it tonight then I give you my opinion of the camper version if you are interested. Our original camper mattress was like sleeping on a rock.

It's 5:00 somewhere!