trouble w slideout.

mkesdy

Newby to forum & procedure.
yr 2011 245RL in Xlite series. Slide will not go out electrically. Works fine coming inward.

The rocker switch been replaced - no change. Suggestions?
Anyone else with similar issue.
Thanks much.
mkesdy

jimtoo

HI mkesdy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I don't know if your slide is electric powered or hydraulic ram operated. But I would trace the wiring to the motor or the pump and check all the connections to start with. Hopefully some of out other members will jump in soon with more and better help.

Let us know what you find,,, it may help someone else.

Jim M

mkesdy

Thanks Jim M and I appreciate response. We are on the road and have pulled traced to either problem with the plug or something underneath at the motor which is not easy to get at in an RV park wit all the underbelly material to remove. Will work on it tomorrow.
mkesdy

mkesdy

Update on slide out. Opened underbelly and found that wire routing from factory went over sharp edged angel brace and caused grounding. Repaired and now back in business. Factory should place these wires into same plastic as other wires that run right next to these wires.
mkesdy