ATF: Landmark - Slide roller dented my floor

bob34787

Now I understand these things can happen and Camping World has adjusted the roller but I have been left with a 6" long dent in my kitchen floor and have been told that Heartland told them to cut out a 1' section of the one piece floor, patch the dent and glue it back in!!!! even the service writer at Camping World said it would look like sh*t, so this is an approved method of repairing the floor on a $110,000 fifth wheel?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If done correctly you will not see the repair.
I doubt that anyone at CW has the knowledge or vinyl flooring experience to make that repair.
I would check with a flooring installer.
And, since that roller supports the weight of the slide and what's in it, I doubt that an adjustment will prevent future denting.

Peace
Dave

bob34787

I neglected to state it dented the floor while the slide was in and generally when the slides are in the last motion of the slide is upward which should keep the rollers from denting the floor. Anyway I have had floors repaired both by patching and replacing I would never accept a patch on a 4 month old RV.

Birchwood

I have a six inch damaged area on the kitchen floor where the roller sits when travelling.Have used vinyl floor seam sealer to repair the cut but because of the friction while traveling it keeps breaking open.I don't think the entire vinyl floor is glued but just tacked around the edges an that may be the problem.

RoadJunkie

Is the flooring vinyl or that wood looking stuff? Patching seems to be a terrible idea and leads me to believe something was lost in the repair translation between H an CW. I would verify with H customer service.

danemayer

The Beauflor flooring can be repaired and look good if done according to the floor manufacturer instructions. Here's a link to the repair procedure. As you'll see, it involves chemically bonding the seam of the patch to the surrounding floor. If you also add slideout slickers, the patch might survive the normal pressure of the roller.

While this might not seem ideal, do you really want CW to remove the slides so they can put down new flooring? Lots of opportunity for them to goof. Then you'll be asking CW to stand behind their work. Heartland isn't likely to pay for problems created by CW.

Maybe discuss with Heartland their willingness to replace the entire floor if the patch doesn't work, and for how long.

bob34787

no reason to discuss any further as Heartland has informed me that they do not warrant any dents caused by slide rollers, even though the Tech who adjusted them said it was too heavy of a refrig. for the spacing of the rollers and brackets and will need further attention as time goes on. I guess the RV industry is all the same, at least Forest River acknowledged their faults. Have only used this RV for 3 days since I bought it , can't wait to see how it holds up.

FordMan1966

Join the club of the slide out roller putting indentions in the floor. My 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon did it and no one would repair it. Just one of many reason I traded it for SOB.