Slide Issue

GeneF

I have a 2013 26rlls Caliber edition. I have had nothing but problems with the cable slide system. Slide coming in locks and then lets go and end up with a loose cable and a bent bracket. I have tried to have it repaired three times but still have problems. Slide currently is touching at the top and out about 1 inch at the bottom. Heartland service says that this is now an adjustment and not a manufacturing defect. When I bought the trailer, the slide touched at the top and was out about 2 inches at the bottom. This is really a much longer story but with the problems I have had with this rig, it has been at Campingworld for about 9 months out of the 20 months that I have owned it. Even the front cap was replaced. Has anyone else had slide issues?

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi GeneF,

It does sound like the slide is probably out of adjustment. It sounds like Camping World's service team is not getting it right.

You might do better to find an independent service shop (that doesn't sell RVs). They'll be highly motivated to provide quality service because that's all they do. They'll also probably have much faster turnaround. It may be worth paying them an hour of labor to get it fixed right and have faster turnaround.

GeneF

My last Heartland

When I purchased my 2013 26 RLSS, I thought I was buying a quality trailer. This tt has been nothing but a problem since day one. in The slide was out of alignment from day one. Didn't notice it then. Took it to CampingWorld, authorized repair dealer. It spent 3 months there getting fixed. I talked Heartland into extending the warrantee for three months because that is how long it took to repair it. Wrong parts sent. Took off on a 3 month trip last year, four days out and the slide malfunctions and bends one of the brackets. CampingWorld in Ohio fixes it by hammering the bracket straight. It holds up. I take it to CampingWorld in St. Augustine and they have it for six months. Part of the problems seems to be that Heartland sends the wrong parts for the slide and other problems. I am on the road for 4 days this year and again I have the same issue. I am instructed to take it to La Mesa for repairs. Heartland ships the bracket to La Mesa. I won't go into details on how bad an experience this was but it wasn 't good. Slide is not aligned at the top and bottom. I contact Heartland. Their stance now is that they have gone above and beyond to fix this thing and now it is just an adjustment that I have to pay for. My contention is that this slide problem is a manufacturing defect and Heartland should do all to get it done right. Other than the slide, I have had the front cap replaced, drawer fixed to stay shut during transit, scraps in sofa fixed, faucet in shower replaced, outside doors adjusted, cabinat doors adjusted, cabinat hinge fixed, bedroom door adjusted. Bedroom door is a joke. If you open it all the way, it comes off of the guide. Other poor design is the heating and a/c. If you sit on the john, you get your butt burned but you freeze in the bedroom. You may be cool in the main area but sweat in the bedroom because of the poor a/c circulation. If you don't watch your fingers in the bathroom door as you put the light on, you squash them in the door sill. Electric power cover has been replaced. Fresh water cover has been replaced. I am sure I forgot a few things. An yes, I will agree that parts people do not know their product. It is always, send me a picture. Heartand may state that they have a quality product but I will disagree. Wish I had stayed with Jayco. Had three relatively trouble free rigs. Finally found out why I was getting deep scratches on the back window trim. Back of the chair has a metal piece sticking out which I never noticed. Scratches showed up shortly after I got the rig. I have had enough contact with customer service (which at times has been good) and with parts to know that this will be my last Heartland. Next will be a Jayco.

GeneF

Drama with this tt continues. Battery check light no longer works and the city water connection has sprung another leak. Connection was replaced before because of a leak. We are on a road trip in Utah with no RV dealer's within 100 miles. I am forced to use the fresh water supply. This rig is like the Edsel. Just hoping I can use enough duck tape to keep it together until we get back to Florida in September.

GeneF

Hi GeneF,

It does sound like the slide is probably out of adjustment. It sounds like Camping World's service team is not getting it right.

You might do better to find an independent service shop (that doesn't sell RVs). They'll be highly motivated to provide quality service because that's all they do. They'll also probably have much faster turnaround. It may be worth paying them an hour of labor to get it fixed right and have faster turnaround.
Slide was out of wack the day I bought it but didn't see the issue until I was on the road. Camping World had there chance. La Mesa Rv had there chance a week ago and did a very poor job until I went over everything with them. Such as 4 screws were supposed to be replaced but only three were, slide is still out of adjustment, they did not replace the bracket with a new one that Heartland had shipped out. Knob on stove was broken off. Are there any good RV manufacturers or repair personnel out there?

GeneF

Well I did get the water in the trailer problem fixed. Turns out it was a bad washer in the outdoor shower hose. Gee, and I had Camping World replace the city water connection for this problem. That was under warrantee. Took the tech at Jorgensons about 10 minutes to diagnose it. Cost me $89 for that and having to tighten the leaking grey water valve. This rig is going to be like a boat. The best day is the day you but the boat and the better day is when you sell it. Very true of this trailer and selling is in September.